Relocation?

@DieHarder good post. Regardless of timing of discussion, as I said previously it wasn’t related to the roosters loss, it was more related on what Madge said about being able to imitate the roosters.
What sets us apart from other teams? If you were an up and coming superstar, would you pick us?
What if we offered latrell 1.5 million a year for 5 years and the roosters offered 1 million a year for 5years. Do you think he would switch? Safe money is he wouldn’t.
So to compete we have to pay “overs” I’d assume. We share a smaller tpa market and don’t have the same attraction as the glamour clubs.
With regards to the centre of excellence, doesn’t every team have similar if not better. Will that be enough to attract star players? I don’t know. Check out the Broncos set up. Ridiculous.
My argument is, with a relocation we would effectively be a one club city. Abundant tpa’s, and the attraction of being out of Sydney. Quite a few players have previously stated in the media that the “fishbowl” existence of an nrl player in Sydney is tiring, especially Storm players.
I don’t have the perfect answer, the whole point of the topic is us, the fans, view. That’s all. Im not saying I want it to happen, I just would like us to consider the possibility and the benefits.

Poor trolling by an anonymous fisher. Possibly a manly fan?

Still got a few bites though

@Balmain_Boy I’ve been a forum member for quite a few years, I just don’t post that much, I enjoy reading others. And Manly? Please mate, that hurts haha.
Do you have an opinion on topic?

@Balmain_Boy said in Relocation?:

Poor trolling by an anonymous fisher. Possibly a manly fan?

Still got a few bites though

Aren’t we all anonymous? You can easily mute a thread.

@gallagher Is that ‘ignoring’ a thread

@Balmain_Boy said in Relocation?:

@gallagher Is that ‘ignoring’ a thread

yep click on the watching tab and the options are there to change what you see or don’t…goes for any thread on the board…

@Pyjamaztehboss said in Relocation?:

With regards to the centre of excellence, doesn’t every team have similar if not better. Will that be enough to attract star players? I don’t know. Check out the Broncos set up. Ridiculous.

I’m not sure if every team has one, as such - although it appears they all have a better setup than us. The Broncos facility has got to be the best out there, but when ours likely comes to fruition it looks like it would equal or exceed even that. If we relocated the COE would be a complete waste of time and money, so for that reason alone I’d almost say we’re completely safe.

I don’t think relocation is a good idea for us, or possibly any team really. Does Perth even want an NRL team? I wonder how much research they’ve actually done into how viable an NRL team in Perth could be? I haven’t seen any facts.

@Sco77y I hope so mate. All I want is a successful team to be proud of.

Honestly, if they move Wests, fine. At this stage its just pulling the plug on a patient that’s been on life support since 1999.

@tigerbalm said in Relocation?:

Honestly, if they move Wests, fine. At this stage its just pulling the plug on a patient that’s been on life support since 1999.

Well there have been lots of other patients on life support situation over last 20 years … so what’s so special about us.
Try supporting some of the other teams … it ain’t all sunshine for anyone.
You might recall that the Roosters, Cronulla, Knights, Parramatta, Penrith, Bulldogs amongst others collected the wooden spoon during that period.

Relocation when the club is just starting to be financially sound is the dumbest thing posted for some time.First quality coach since Sheens give him time this is not his squad.

@momo_amp_medo said in Relocation?:

@tigerbalm said in Relocation?:

Well there have been lots of other patients on life support situation over last 20 years … so what’s so special about us.
Try supporting some of the other teams … it ain’t all sunshine for anyone.
You might recall that the Roosters, Cronulla, Knights, Parramatta, Penrith, Bulldogs amongst others collected the wooden spoon during that period.

I’m not saying we should get moved. I think the thread is silly and reactionary to a loss.

My point was, after 20 years…well 19 years…of failure, i wouldn’t be as upset as I once may have been. Maybe even relieved.

Anyways wont happen, as listed Wests have done pretty well off field and I expect every comp needs a red headed step tiger to beat up on. Plus, they’ll jag a win this weekend, that always stops this talk for 7 days.

Actually I think this relocation thing could work for struggling teams…the Broncos to Auckland, the warriors to Sydney and us to Brisbane. We could become the protected species.
I wonder if the Broncos forum is talking about a move to wa because they suck? If they are could you please post the link?

This thread, again, wasn’t reactionary. It was all about the feasibility of a relocation. Pros and cons. We’ll postpone it for a few years or maybe I’ll bump it after a win.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.