Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..

@TigerTiger
I still have nightmares about that game. It would have to be our worst game ever.

@mike said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

@TigerTiger
I still have nightmares about that game. It would have to be our worst game ever.

You obviously weren’t in Townsville when we lost 64-6

@TigerTiger said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

still shudder when I think of the Baby Broncos (in 2002?). It was Wests Tigers vs Broncos, and Broncos had something like 11 or 12 regular players out of the lineup, due to injuries and Origin… and the result, 28-14 to the Broncos

Even the coach was out, Bennett stepped aside to let Bellamy coach that week

@happy_tiger said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

@TigerTiger

I saw us lose to Raiders twice in one year, both golden point games, both heart-wrenching.
Add in some 50 point drubbings also. Brings a tear to the eye.

But, I was also there to see us beat Canberra in a semi final, That was Amazing.

Maloney free to play bwahahahahah beats the charge…hope Twal rips his arm clean off…

@happy_tiger
Yes but it was the Baby Broncos. We should have won it easily. That’s tough to take.

@Geo said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

Maloney free to play bwahahahahah beats the charge…hope Twal rips his arm clean off…

Yep, hope Twally rips it off and then scratches his butt with it.

wow how is Maloney allowed to play this week…

2 charges from the weekend.

No way in the world that chicken wing was accidental.

Good player when he doesn’t need to tackle but I have always thought he tries to injure other players.

@happy_tiger
Yes but it was the Baby Broncos. We should have won it easily. That’s tough to take.

We are specials to lose those games

2011 v Souths they had 11 out and we lost in GP

Geez, Maloney free to play and Kikau looking at a miracle recovery. Strike me down.

@Roar_Power said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

Geez, Maloney free to play and Kikau looking at a miracle recovery. Strike me down.

Joke really …typical bias towards NSW SOO players had of been Josh McGuire and he gets a month

@Spud_Murphy said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

@willow said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

Panthers going to be down on troops either way with Kikau and Yeo also injured.

Definitely the best scenario for us that these 2 guys are out. They are really the only ones in good form for Penrith. I’d rather Maloney play tbh because he is a bit of a turnstile. If he’s ruled out they will put Luai in and he could cause us some problems.

I’m always wary of the young ones coming in when a team is injury depleted. They often have more to play for and put in a better effort, especially when the team has been out of form.

That said, if we can’t knock Penrith off this weekend we may as well give up.

I still shudder when I think of the Baby Broncos (in 2002?). It was Wests Tigers vs Broncos, and Broncos had something like 11 or 12 regular players out of the lineup, due to injuries and Origin… and the result, 28-14 to the Broncos.

Yeah we have been famous for all the wrong reasons many times over the years. God I wish something would change for us.

@happy_tiger said in Matulino free to play Maloney fighting charge..:

@TigerTiger

I saw us lose to Raiders twice in one year, both golden point games, both heart-wrenching.
Add in some 50 point drubbings also. Brings a tear to the eye.

But, I was also there to see us beat Canberra in a semi final, That was Amazing.

Was that the game where Crocker missed a goal as the boys were calling him “choker”??

lmao, oh yeah, it was about thirty metres out or so, maybe a little off to the side of the posts, and it would have levelled the scores (again, this was after the 2 golden point wins to canberra).

Then Campese went down injured, right when he was attacking our line. His leg went like a sniper had got him. Maybe it was that sniper that should have got Chicka’s leg 20 odd years earlier.

last edited by JD Tiger

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.