Dan Talintyre
    Timestamp
    Mon 6 May 2019, 06:00 PM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twiiter
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    Wests Tigers five-eighth Tyson Gamble has been named for the New South Wales Residents side to face Queensland Residents this Sunday in their annual clash at Dolphin Stadium, Redcliffe.

With the team picked solely from players featuring in the Canterbury Cup so far this year, Gamble has been named on an extended bench by Coach Shane Millard after several strong performances for the Western Suburbs Magpies in 2019.

A Redcliffe Dolphins junior, Gamble has registered two tries and three try assists so far this year with his kicking game proving particularly dominant. The 22-year-old ranks inside the top five players in the competition so far this year with total kicks and kick metres, while also sitting fifth in total points scored so far this year.

Gamble is one of many players in the NSW side with first-grade experience, having made his NRL debut for Wests Tigers last year against the Canberra Raiders.

Western Suburbs outside Omar Slaimankhel has also been named in the Ron Massey Cup Representative team, coached by former Wests Tiger Jarrod Farlow.

canterbury cup.JPG )

• @TheDaBoss thanks for posting as always. Congrats to Tyson. The over representation from both Norths & Souths is telling. Would be nice to poach one or two that are buried in the depth chart.

• Have heard good things about Delouise Hoeter. We should chase him

• i would hope our recruitment team attends this game

• I hope he gets to play and shows what he can do at a higher level. In any case I am sure it will be a good experience and hopefully he will see what is needed from him.

• @Harvey said in Tyson Gamble named in NSW Residents squad:

Have heard good things about Delouise Hoeter. We should chase him

That name sounds familiar, didn’t we already have him in the past? A centre right? Maybe that’s the joke, or maybe I’m mixing him up with someone else.

• yes we used to gave him a few years back

Recent Topics