A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.

Hi all - Chee Kam here,

There seems to be a few decent players on the outer at their current clubs. All of these players would be first picked in our outside backs.

• Euan Aitken (Can’t get a start with Lafai/Lomax)
  • Jamayne Isaako (In reserves)
  • Curtis Scott (Bellamy wants gone)
  • Dylan Edwards (Cleary wants gone)

None of these players would break the bank. If we picked up a few of these at decent prices, it would really be a step in the right direction.

One thing with all these players, they are different to all our backs.

Our current backs are hit up merchants. As they all don’t have speed, their only skill is really making straight hit ups coming out of territory. There is only a spot for 1-2 of these type players in our backline.

All of these players are more your “elusive” outside backs who can create opportunities.

I’d take Scott and Issako from that list. Possibly Edwards but I think Mbye could flourish if he had these backs with him. In saying that nothing will change unless we fix up our forward pack.

I’d take all four…

I wouldn’t be including a guy like Isaako. He’s on a long term contract. Just because he’s been dropped, most likely for a wake up call, does not mean he’s on the outer.

Dylan Edwards has enormous upside, just needs a dash of confidence that someone like Madge would be able to impart on the young fella.

@Sunnycoast_tiger said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

@WeHaveCheeKam

Jaydn Su’A ( Qld Cup)

Get him to bring his sister too she’s got more fire in her than our entire forwards put together.

@Tiges19 Madge has not done much for Mbyes confidence .

@happy_tiger we might’ve been a chance while Bennett was up in Brisbane as we would’ve dangled the carrot for him to come to Sydney, but now it just doesn’t seem likely. he’ll be off to Souths.

@jrtiger said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

@happy_tiger we might’ve been a chance while Bennett was up in Brisbane as we would’ve dangled the carrot for him to come to Sydney, but now it just doesn’t seem likely. he’ll be off to Souths.

I know we are no chance of getting him …but he is definitely on the outer at Brisbane

And he won’t be the only one …

I’d take Isaako in a heartbeat, for his goal kicking alone.

Scott would also be handy. Aitken is a bit of a risk defensively.

Edwards would be alright also.

@Cultured_Bogan

x2

Issako has good running game as well…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.