A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.

• @crazycat said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

Euan Aitken (Can’t get a start with Lafai/Lomax)
    Jamayne Isaako (In reserves)
    Curtis Scott (Bellamy wants gone)
    Dylan Edwards (Cleary wants gone)

Adding two others:
    Clint Gutherson (probably not an option).
    Issac Luke.

Looking at the above.
    Bellamy wants Scott gone. There is a reason for this.
    Dylan Edwards has talent but the team is bottom of the Comp. He is a big reason for this. AVOID.

Aitken I would say is good signing material. He is a first grade rep who is pushed out by two other very good first grade reps. This is the kind of player you sign and you go up to the Saints and aim to pinch one of the three. Yet I don’t think we need another center. It would be an upgrade to put Aitken in the centers and push Johnson to the wing. Thompson is playing great but could be a good utility spot (or Johnson on as a X factor utililty).

Isaako would be exactly what we need. Someone who could float in the back and be a top fullback. We would not get him cheaply. McGuire your call.

Gutherson for some weird reason is very unhappy at Parramatta or has a very Greedy agent. Now that Dylan is cleared he won’t be going to Manly. He would be great in our backline, hopefully we can trade Mbye. But it won’t happen.

That leaves Issac Luke.
    Why Issac. Because everyone isn’t thinking Hooker yet.
    Robbie is AWESOME, 100% behind the tiger.
    But it’s probably Robbie’s last season. I would like it if Liddle works out, but he won’t be an 80 minute hooker. Issac is on the outer in New Zealand. The position we need cover for is Hooker.
    Alternatives are Nathan Peats from the Gold Coast or Sarajevo is Brisbane don’t want him when McCough gets back.

Either way looking ahead we are going to loose 1 5/8 and one hooker. We need:
    1 strong Prop.
    1 hooker.
    1x backup half.

Center’s don’t rate yet.

Manly will move Dylan Walker on next year(off Contract and on big coin), and Manly will make a play for Gutherson.
    Parra left with egg on their face.

• @bathursttiger said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

@crazycat said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

Adding two others:
    Issac Luke.

Looking at the above.
    Dylan Edwards has talent but the team is bottom of the Comp. He is a big reason for this. AVOID.

Aitken I would say is good signing material. He is a first grade rep who is pushed out by two other very good first grade reps. This is the kind of player you sign and you go up to the Saints and aim to pinch one of the three. Yet I don’t think we need another center. It would be an upgrade to put Aitken in the centers and push Johnson to the wing. Thompson is playing great but could be a good utility spot (or Johnson on as a X factor utililty).

Isaako would be exactly what we need. Someone who could float in the back and be a top fullback. We would not get him cheaply. McGuire your call.

Gutherson for some weird reason is very unhappy at Parramatta or has a very Greedy agent. Now that Dylan is cleared he won’t be going to Manly. He would be great in our backline, hopefully we can trade Mbye. But it won’t happen.

That leaves Issac Luke.
    But it’s probably Robbie’s last season. I would like it if Liddle works out, but he won’t be an 80 minute hooker. Issac is on the outer in New Zealand. The position we need cover for is Hooker.
    Alternatives are Nathan Peats from the Gold Coast or Sarajevo is Brisbane don’t want him when McCough gets back.

1 strong Prop.
    1 hooker.
    1x backup half.

Center’s don’t rate yet.

Manly will move Dylan Walker on next year(off Contract and on big coin), and Manly will make a play for Gutherson.

Nofo to parra, Gutho to Manly, Walker to tigers.
    You know it makes sense.

• @Tiges19 said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

Dylan Edwards has enormous upside, just needs a dash of confidence that someone like Madge would be able to impart on the young fella.

@Tiges19 said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

Dylan Edwards has enormous upside, just needs a dash of confidence that someone like Madge would be able to impart on the young fella.

I’d prefer Dylan Smith over Edwards. Edwards is no speedster and has the big mistake in him whereas Smith is quick and is solid under the high ball.

• @gallagher Could be a goer that one. He played for Madge before and was successful.
    We need 5 good to high standard players to make us a very competitive side next year. Center, wing, prop, hooker and some one with serious goal kicking abilities.
    If we can do some good horse trading and jag that … well then we are on our way.

• @gallagher Who thinks Gutherson will end up at the Roosters at 5/8 to allow Keary to move to half?

• @pawsandclaws1 no I don’t think so. Who is the absolute best half or 5/8 going around.? Whoever your answer is - that’s who’ll end up at the Rorters

• @gallagher said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

@bathursttiger said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

Adding two others:
    Issac Luke.

Looking at the above.

That leaves Issac Luke.

1 strong Prop.
    1 hooker.
    1x backup half.

Center’s don’t rate yet.

You know it makes sense.

I can sense the outrage already if Walker signs with us.

• @WT2K said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

@gallagher said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

@bathursttiger said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

Adding two others:
    Issac Luke.

Looking at the above.

That leaves Issac Luke.

1 strong Prop.
    1 hooker.
    1x backup half.

Center’s don’t rate yet.

You know it makes sense.

I can sense the outrage already if Walker signs with us.

Yeah, probably. It will give us something to talk about in the off season though.

• How has Roberts fallen so far down the pole at Broncos? Surely he ends up somewhere else before June 30.

• @Tweed_Tiger said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

How has Roberts fallen so far down the pole at Broncos? Surely he ends up somewhere else before June 30.

https://twitter.com/ChrisGarry7/status/1128228742604546049?s=19

• @WT2K Probably wont be with us if he holds a grudge as going by the numbers his contract at Souths was terminated while Madge was coach there in 2012. Adrian Ha’angana was also released at the same time also for “breaches of his contract” Maybe whatever happened was out of the coaches control.

Roberts wiki

Roberts played 4 games for Souths feeder club side The North Sydney Bears in The 2012 NSW Cup season.[10] On 25 July 2012, Roberts was released immediately by the Rabbitohs after breaches of his playing contract.[11] On 10 August 2012, Roberts signed a 2-year contract with the Penrith Panthers starting in 2013.[12] Roberts didn’t make an NRL appearance in 2012.

Madge wiki

Maguire joined the South Sydney Rabbitohs in October 2011, after the end of the NRL and Super League seasons. He had signed a contract with the club earlier in the year, to replace the retiring John Lang.[10] The Rabbitohs performed well during the 2012 NRL season with Maguire credited for the successful move of Greg Inglis from centre to full-back. The team progressed to within one game of the 2012 NRL Grand Final.

• Think too much stock is put into coaches attracting players they coached at previous clubs.

• ForumSupporter

@GNR4LIFE said in A few players potentially on the outer at their clubs.:

Think too much stock is put into coaches attracting players they coached at previous clubs.

With Darius and Unca Wayne being the outlier…

Recent Topics