Luke Garner

What’s the go with the Young gun?? He seems to be losing form a bit and has even been dropped for today’s game vs Pamfers!!

@IWasBornATiger said in Luke Garner:

What’s the go with the Young gun?? He seems to be losing form a bit and has even been dropped for today’s game vs Pamfers!!

I think he’s injured☹

Still learning the ropes.
He was on fringe of 1st grade on back of really good season in reggies last year. But for mine has not progressed past that point this year.
Hope he can show some improvement soon or he may find himself in alsorans.

I think young gun is stretching it.

A stop gap 2nd rower at best in my opinion. Looked timid against the Roosters last week and has made a lot of costly defensive errors lately against Parra and Brisbane.

I think he’s injured.
I think he’s been one of our better players this season, gone better than I expected him to.

Garner has had a few head bins over 2018 and this season.

It’s good if we can keep the fringe guys fresh also throughout the season and give them time out of first grade.

@Newtown said in Luke Garner:

True that. I believe he’s had 3 this season including one pre season match, although he’s of the firm belief that he wasn’t concussed on that occasion. (Not that it matters what a player believes) I’ve heard that he has had a few issues with Madge recently after the death of his father. Apparently it was very sudden and a few weeks were needed for an autopsy. This is info that I’ve been told by a third party so not first hand.

For Garner, not sure about the personal stuff, but his defence isn’t good enough at the moment. It’s that simple, he’s been exposed quite a number of times and that second-row defensive position is critical.

@rustycage said in Luke Garner:

@Newtown said in Luke Garner:

True that. I believe he’s had 3 this season including one pre season match, although he’s of the firm belief that he wasn’t concussed on that occasion. (Not that it matters what a player believes) I’ve heard that he has had a few issues with Madge recently after the death of his father. Apparently it was very sudden and a few weeks were needed for an autopsy. This is info that I’ve been told by a third party so not first hand.

In all honesty, I am not too worried about his form at the moment. Losing your father can be really tough at any age and I hope the club is helping him through that. Football come second at the moment and his mental health is what is important!

last edited by cochise

His defence was average, but that blame has to be shared. Madge was trying to play him as an 80 minute backrower before his stamina and body were up to it.

I think that some of those misses were examples of a poor bench rotation. He should not have been on the field at that point in time.

If Nofo had been responsible for the very poor missed tackles and/or reads that Luke has been this year, this place would have been abuzz. Instead, he even received votes in our 321threads. Go figure.

Of course, in the circumstances, his current state of mind should also be treated accordingly.

@jirskyr said in Luke Garner:

For Garner, not sure about the personal stuff, but his defence isn’t good enough at the moment. It’s that simple, he’s been exposed quite a number of times and that second-row defensive position is critical.
He’s not the only forward with defensive issues being carried in the NRL team. I have not written anything about this despite viewing the abysmal efforts of one of our bench forwards. It’s time he was in CC learning how to tackle and to get fitter.

Garner needs to make a decision to put in and do the hard yards to make the grade and cement a position or just be another player that might have ! Up to
You Luke…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.