Stats for tonight (averaged:calculated)

Based on actual playing positions

1. Moses Mbye 1 try, 122 rm, 4 tb, 1 LBA, 10 tackles (1 missed) & 2 errors

2. Corey Thompson 1 try, 163 rm, 6 tb, 2 LB, 7 tackles (1 missed)

3. Mahe Mahe 82 rm, 4 tb, 1 offload, 12 tackles (3 missed) & 1 error

4. Esan Masters 2 tries, 131 rm, 3 tb, 7 tackles

5. Rob Jennings 97 rm, 3 tb, 1 LB, 3 tackles (1 miss lol) - the try was ALL brooksy

6. Benji 39 metres, 1 LBA, 16 tackles (1 missed) & one 40/20

7. Luke Brooks 1 try, 2 TA, 136 rm, 2 tb, 2 LBA, 17 tackles (3 missed), 370 Kicking metres (wow)

8. Ben Matulino 112 rm, 26 tackles (1 miss)

9. Robbie Farah 1 TA, 2 tb, 1 LB, 75 rm, 30 tackles (0 missed), 91 KM… Liddle will continue to improve learning from the master… we all know his peak and as individual players was better than that damn Smiffy, cheats

10. Alex Twal 113 rm, 4 tb, 29 tackles (1 miss)

11. Ryan Matterson 2 TA, 155 rm, 3 tb, 1 LB, 1 LBA, 1 offload, 38 tackles (0 missed)… best signing since Ellis? For sure

12. Chris McQueen 1 TA, 59 rm, 1 LB, 23 tackles (0 misses) - will help potential suitors bite!

13. Matthew Eisenhuth 119 rm, 4 tb, 25 tackles (1 miss? Felt like more)

14. Jacob Liddle 34 rm, 2 tb, 1 offload, 13 tackles (0 misses)

15. Thomas Mikaele 101 rm, 3 tb, 2 offloads, 14 tackles (1 miss), 1 error

16. Oliver Clark 58 rm, 1 tb, 15 tackles (0 misses)

17. Michael Chee-jam 45 rm, 26 tackles (1 miss) - offers squat basically and that’s being kind, he was very sloppy and coincided with things getting clunkier in the middle third… 30 min mark

last edited by DieHarder

thought mcqueen was superb showing at last why we bought him. madge has got him firing looking good with matterson in the second row

I agree, McQueen at the very least looked interested last night, good debut by Clark also

I agree that with McQueen getting to his best form, Clark working out at prop rotation and Lawrence hopefully returning at some stage of the season in reasonable shape, we will have a good pack.
Also was never a fan of Chee !

@DieHarder said in Stats for tonight (averaged:calculated):

Chris McQueen 1 TA, 59 rm, 1 LB, 23 tackles (0 misses) - will help potential suitors bite!

Makes me wonder some of these fellows, if Madge already knows what it takes to get them playing better? Obv Madge had McQueen going well at Rabbits so knows how to use him. Same as I think Madge has really helped Twal go next level, as well as really bringing out the better games in many of the other forwards (I think Aloiai and Huth are going as well as they have to date) and dropping those that don’t have what he wants (Packer, ET).

Interestingly both Ivan and Madge rated MCK because he gets really consistent game time, and although Ivan personally hired Oliver Clark, Madge rates him enough to bring him up and give him a job (which I personally think he did quite well).

Also, IMO I think this particular roster showed what happens when your early ball control is good and your defence is stiff. An obvious guy missing was Garner and although he has a good attack to him, he’s also been personally responsible for some really bad defensive plays that shift the momentum of the game. For sure, first half basically anyone could have defended because of how much continuous ball we had, but second half we never let Penrith sniff back into the contest despite them running hard and expansively all night, and being camped on our try line a number of times. You let that desperate try through and maybe the second half becomes much tighter, but as a unit they were really good defensively.

last edited by jirskyr

Brooks and Matterson stats are remarkable. Amazing what Brooks can do when the forwards are dominating and he gets good ball from fast play the balls. I also think Marshall steadying things allowed Brooks to play his natural game. Should also add Farahs stats in the remarkable category as well.

last edited by diedpretty

Based on actual playing positions

1. Moses Mbye 1 try, 122 rm, 4 tb, 1 LBA, 10 tackles (1 missed) & 2 errors

2. Corey Thompson 1 try, 163 rm, 6 tb, 2 LB, 7 tackles (1 missed)

3. Mahe Mahe 82 rm, 4 tb, 1 offload, 12 tackles (3 missed) & 1 error

4. Esan Masters 2 tries, 131 rm, 3 tb, 7 tackles

5. Rob Jennings 97 rm, 3 tb, 1 LB, 3 tackles (1 miss lol) - the try was ALL brooksy

6. Benji 39 metres, 1 LBA, 16 tackles (1 missed) & one 40/20

7. Luke Brooks 1 try, 2 TA, 136 rm, 2 tb, 2 LBA, 17 tackles (3 missed), 370 Kicking metres (wow)

8. Ben Matulino 112 rm, 26 tackles (1 miss)

9. Robbie Farah 1 TA, 2 tb, 1 LB, 75 rm, 30 tackles (0 missed), 91 KM… Liddle will continue to improve learning from the master… we all know his peak and as individual players was better than that damn Smiffy, cheats

10. Alex Twal 113 rm, 4 tb, 29 tackles (1 miss)

11. Ryan Matterson 2 TA, 155 rm, 3 tb, 1 LB, 1 LBA, 1 offload, 38 tackles (0 missed)… best signing since Ellis? For sure

12. Chris McQueen 1 TA, 59 rm, 1 LB, 23 tackles (0 misses) - will help potential suitors bite!

13. Matthew Eisenhuth 119 rm, 4 tb, 25 tackles (1 miss? Felt like more)

14. Jacob Liddle 34 rm, 2 tb, 1 offload, 13 tackles (0 misses)

15. Thomas Mikaele 101 rm, 3 tb, 2 offloads, 14 tackles (1 miss), 1 error

16. Oliver Clark 58 rm, 1 tb, 15 tackles (0 misses)

17. Michael Chee-jam 45 rm, 26 tackles (1 miss) - offers squat basically and that’s being kind, he was very sloppy and coincided with things getting clunkier in the middle third… 30 min mark

There’s no point quoting metres made if you don’t also mention the number of hit ups taken.

McQueen has been very good since being recalled. Ryan Matterson is probably the best signing we’ve made since Ellis (excluding the returnees)

@Balmain_Boy fair enough, will do next time - didn’t think that would affect people’s understanding of which players stood up (all of them) & how effective our attacking raids were.

Ty for constructive criticism!

Matterson & Twal should be the cornerstone of our pack for near enough to the next decade.

Was also Jennings best game last night, he needs to stay on the wing.

Luke Brooks 1 try, 2 TA, 136 rm, 2 tb, 2 LBA, 17 tackles (3 missed), 370 Kicking metres (wow)

And should have had a 40/20 as well for mine.

Luke Brooks 1 try, 2 TA, 136 rm, 2 tb, 2 LBA, 17 tackles (3 missed), 370 Kicking metres (wow)

Keep fluken it Luke…

@Harvey For sure on first front and by a country mile on the second !

We looked a very balanced side last night and I guess the trend is Madge can clearly get the best out of them as individuals, t’is about the team backing up redhot games like that with stiff defence and putting the flashy stuff on the shelf at times - last night if I’m being honest scoreline probably flattered Penrith but we were SO dominant, no reason they shouldn’t be able to repeat and rinse this for whatever situations they find themselves in this year but reality is last year was a teaser… if the boys stay focused this year we’ll go even closer to 8th.

We get any closer and miss??! Exciting times 😂

@DieHarder all good. The raw stats shows total effort. But making 100m from 10 hitups is quite different to making 100m from 20 carries.
This is one area where Jennings needs to improve as Nof is much stronger in this regard.

last edited by balmain boy

Sadly didn’t see the game as away overseas. Was we wondering how Oliver Clark went in this game.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.