Stats for tonight (averaged:calculated)

We need to start a hashtag for #Matterson@14. They asked Madge the question and of course he said “for sure”, but legitimately, a backrower who can honestly cover halves in a pinch would be a great option on the bench at Origin level.

I think Matterson is a real talent under-utilised at the Roosters and I’m impressed how much his game has already grown in 10 weeks with Tigers.

last edited by jirskyr

@jirskyr Ryan probably deserves to start on form alone, but Frizzel has done enough as an incumbent to be retained, so that leaves a bench spot that he can fill. Very few players have been able to handle centre, halves, middle and backrow with such aplomb, so he is a natural fit for mine.

I still need one of you gurus to explain to me why Jennings is starting. Nofo may not be great defensively but he definitely bring the ball back with intent.

last edited by tigerbill

Dissappointed in Twal. 1 missed tackle. Not up to his standard.

Ok … back to reality and the task at hand.
Tough Game ahead. All this positive chatter can be undone again with one rather bad performance in Melbourne.
So (have you seen our draw?) … I’m really really hoping we come out of our rather horrific draw ahead of us with some points … and I definitely not mean the 2 points that the bye brings us.
At worst some credible performances.

@tigerbill said in Stats for tonight (averaged:calculated):

I still need one of you gurus to explain to me why Jennings is starting. Nofo may not be great defensively but he definitely bring the ball back with intent.

6 one, half a dozen the other. One guy has superior carries and suspect defence, the other has superior defence and dodgy attack.

As a centre I have no time for Jennings at all. As a winger, he’s decent. I would not be upset if Nofo was recalled because I like the vibe that the guy brings, but Madge obviously brought Jennings across for a reason.

@jirskyr Well I trust madge, I’m really happy with the results he gets with an average squad but I just don’t see it for Jennings. Defensively or offensively. He isn’t really safe under the high ball, he can’t run people down with speed. He doesn’t have good hands…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.