Kayo

@mike said in Kayo:

No surround sound on Kayo

Was thinking of switching from the box, but that could be the deal breaker for me, if it’s without even a basic Dolby signal. Is it a mono or stereo presentation?

@formerguest said in Kayo:

@mike said in Kayo:

Was thinking of switching from the box, but that could be the deal breaker for me, if it’s without even a basic Dolby signal. Is it a mono or stereo presentation?

Stereo

@mike said in Kayo:

Yeah it’s a deal breaker for me as well. Not sure if it’s mono or stereo, I can’t remember. I just know that there is no DD AC3 when I trialled it. Kayo support confirmed no surround sound. From memory it was just a plain mpeg sound feed. On their site there is no info on the sound specs. You have to ask support.

last edited by mike

@Tiger_Steve said in Kayo:

Rang Foxtel today due to comments on here. Now $30 a month cheaper no questions asked!

There is your membership money.

@mike said in Kayo:

@mike said in Kayo:

Yeah it’s a deal breaker for me as well. Not sure if it’s mono or stereo, I can’t remember. I just know that there is DD AC3 when I trialled it. Kayo support confirmed no surround sound. From memory it was just a plain mpeg sound feed. On their site there is no info on the sound specs. You have to ask support.

Thanks @cochise That sucks, as the atmosphere created by decent sound massively changes the experience and it should be clearly stated.

Basic Dolby would suffice, as the Dolby Surround upmixer would do a reasonable job with proper placement, but in this day and age, that should be a minimum.

last edited by formerguest

@Tiger_Steve said in Kayo:

Rang Foxtel today due to comments on here. Now $30 a month cheaper no questions asked!

There is your membership money.

Mate - that is true!!

Been struggling . Had to let my prime seats go.

I’m back baby!!!

@mike said in Kayo:

@mike said in Kayo:

Yeah it’s a deal breaker for me as well. Not sure if it’s mono or stereo, I can’t remember. I just know that there is DD AC3 when I trialled it. Kayo support confirmed no surround sound. From memory it was just a plain mpeg sound feed. On their site there is no info on the sound specs. You have to ask support.

Thanks @cochise That sucks, as the atmosphere created by decent sound massively changes the experience and it should be clearly stated.

Basic Dolby would suffice, as the Dolby Surround upmixer would do a reasonable job with proper placement, but in this day and age, that should be a minimum.

I updated my post. It should have read “ is no DD AC3”. I left out the “no”… but I think you got it anyway.

Hate giving money to murdick but have to say it’s been a decent product

Evades the full pay tv bs

There is a way to get a 3 month subscription free.

Check out the reddit post below

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/f3igzw/kayo_free_3_month_trial/?sort=new

@Tweed_Tiger said in Kayo:

Thank you, done and done. Had to make a new account, but all that means is a new email (and phone number). All good, used another email account and my boy’s mobile.

@JD-Tiger said in Kayo:

Thank you, done and done. Had to make a new account, but all that means is a new email (and phone number). All good, used another email account and my boy’s mobile.

I have it . But thinking of suspending it.

Depends what you watch really. Limited to their rights with ESPN et al

No NHL; Limited NFL; Limited NBA, (limited tennis)

If you’re really into league then i suppose its worth it. If you just casually watch league its probably not worth it. This is what’s on today:

f05b3d49-7fbc-4097-865b-1f2218b154ba-image.png

Thanks - just renewed my subscription.

Are the trials shown on Kayo?

@voice_of_reason said in Kayo:

Are the trials shown on Kayo?

I think the NZ trial will be, was last year!

@trentrunciman said in Kayo:

@JD-Tiger said in Kayo:

I have it . But thinking of suspending it.

Depends what you watch really. Limited to their rights with ESPN et al

No NHL; Limited NFL; Limited NBA, (limited tennis)

If you’re really into league then i suppose its worth it. If you just casually watch league its probably not worth it. This is what’s on today:

f05b3d49-7fbc-4097-865b-1f2218b154ba-image.png

Wow.
Good to know.

I’ll stick with Foxtel.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.