Too Early For Humble Pie?

• So I’m wondering. Looking at the ladder, we’re sitting in 6th position. Not bad for a side that is bashed pillar to post by half the forum. Listening to some of you, we’re a total embarrassment. The words cleanout and relocation have been thrown around, Madge has copped it for not dropping players when in fact he has. We’ve had threads about how good Moses is in comparison to Brooks when Moses now sits behind Brooks on the ladder.

At what stage do you start to acknowledge we aren’t as bad of a side as some of you want to believe. Not saying you have to declare us world beaters, because there’s daylight between us and the top 3 teams, as there is for the other 12 teams in the competition. The fact is we’re not that bad and the victim mentality of ‘woah is us, our team is horrible’’ deserves to be put on the shelf for now.

• Pandora’s box is now ajar.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

So I’m wondering. Looking at the ladder, we’re sitting in 6th position. Not bad for a side that is bashed pillar to post by half the forum. Listening to some of you, we’re a total embarrassment. The words cleanout and relocation have been thrown around, Madge has copped it for not dropping players when in fact he has. We’ve had threads about how good Moses is in comparison to Brooks when Moses now sits behind Brooks on the ladder.

At what stage do you start to acknowledge we aren’t as bad of a side as some of you want to believe. Not saying you have to declare us world beaters, because there’s daylight between us and the top 3 teams, as there is for the other 12 teams in the competition. The fact is we’re not that bad and the victim mentality of ‘woah is us, our team is horrible’’ deserves to be put on the shelf for now.

Good post…but don’t you think you should wait until after the Storm match, we haven’t been able to string two wins in a row since the first two rounds…but I too am happy thus far with our results🙏

• I think the frustration sits with our inability to produce consistency. We can look pretty good, pretty solid and woefully awful to the point where it appears that some don’t really care too much. For the life of me, i can’t understand the gulf between our best and worst.

• ForumSupporter

Let you know after the Storm game…

rustycage is spot on…the difference between our good and bad is still far to wide…consistent teams that gap is minimal…Storm are a prime example they by their coaches admission were playing poorly but they were still winning mostley…we play poorly and get flogged…

Wests Tigers are definitely capable when they turn up with matching it with any team so I don’t by the squad is crap line …not the coaches team rubbish nor the drop this and that player to teach them a lesson palava…ATTITUDE is the key…

• I’m very happy with where we are at the moment, however, we could be up with Canberra if it weren’t for the two losses to the BOTTOM TWO sides at the start of the year. Shoulda, coulda, woulda

• Our draw is just about to get very tough.

I think this team is ordinary and ina month we will be in out true spot, well and truly nowhere near the 8.

• I though Moses Mbye would be a big mistake.
    After seeing him play Penrith I admit I was wrong.
    He gets involved like a halfback with tries, not like a fullback but a halfback passing the ball around. But he can finish them.

His defense, well he needs to bulk up a little. It seems that he can get too where he is needed but often the try scorer shakes him off. He needs some coaching in this area as he needs to be able to stop the tries.

Either way, I am wrong about Mbye.

• @simonthetiger said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

Our draw is just about to get very tough.

I think it already has been. Parra at Bankwest was always a hiding to nothing. (didn’t expect that scoreline though) travel out to Tamworth against a side we seem to always struggle with, followed by the defending premiers,then a trip to Brisbane ( luckily for us Penrith are rubbish) down to Melbourne and then onto Souths.

Some of this has obviously been our own doing (Tamworth) but strangely i’d actually rather play Storm this week than the Bulldogs or Titans/Knights etc because after a good win i often think we struggle with complacency. There’ll be no such thing playing Storm down there.

• I cant say I’m upset about where we are on the ladder. The thing that still still frustrates me about this year is the losses to both the Bulldogs and the Panthers earlier in the season. Those losses are hard to justify and are the reason why some choose to question rather than make excuses for underperformance. Anyway, we are in the 8 and I hope we can give to the storm and bunnies and look solid on the ladder.

• @tigeress said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

@GNR4LIFE said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

So I’m wondering. Looking at the ladder, we’re sitting in 6th position. Not bad for a side that is bashed pillar to post by half the forum. Listening to some of you, we’re a total embarrassment. The words cleanout and relocation have been thrown around, Madge has copped it for not dropping players when in fact he has. We’ve had threads about how good Moses is in comparison to Brooks when Moses now sits behind Brooks on the ladder.

Good post…but don’t you think you should wait until after the Storm match, we haven’t been able to string two wins in a row since the first two rounds…but I too am happy thus far with our results🙏

My point stands, irrespective of the Storm game. As I conceded, we are daylight behind them. Its how we match up to the other 12 teams that matters. And the truth is we aren’t any worse than the majority of them. Hence where we are on the ladder.

• Not eating humble pie.

I think we have a pretty average roster and are fairly well coached. We were 5/6 last year early and I remember a few tigers fans calling out for people to start talking about us as the real deal, and lets see how that turned out. So in no way am I calling out how good we are going after 9 rounds, when realistically we are only a couple losses off being with the bottom few.

We have done better than expected, but the draw gets really.

• The only game that perplexes me is the thrashing from the Eels, there was no real reason for that and I have no idea where they were at at that point.

Apart from that though, we’ve had some solid games, looking good in both attack AND defence - something we’ve not been able to achieve for years. Liking the impact Madge is having and enjoying the fresh changes he’s bringing. The team looks to be building toward something and I have more confidence in them than I did last year.

• no mid season slump pls

• @WeHaveCheeKam said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

Not eating humble pie.

I think we have a pretty average roster and are fairly well coached. We were 5/6 last year early and I remember a few tigers fans calling out for people to start talking about us as the real deal, and lets see how that turned out. So in no way am I calling out how good we are going after 9 rounds, when realistically we are only a couple losses off being with the bottom few.

We have done better than expected, but the draw gets really.

Who said we 're the real deal? I’m just seeing any of the critics are willing to admit they aren’t as bad as they want to make out.

Recent Topics