Too Early For Humble Pie?

• Penrith were very poor. Week before the Roosters took us apart. Let’s see what happens over the next month.

• @The_Patriot said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

@formerguest said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

@The_Patriot said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

Critical with some level of discussion is what most people do. A very small % just lay into players or the club. Be it opinion or fact most of the people accused of being critical are simply discussing the things they think can be improved.

In general, yeah and and I am happy to be critical when it is reasonably deserved. Still some of the crap on here of late has been nothing sort of crazy, with the dump Brooks to reserve grade and/or put him on the market rubbish at the top level of ridiculousness.

See this is the issue.

Someone just stating Brooks is trash is one thing and probably should be moderated and a warning issued. However someone saying something along the lines of Brooks isnt taking control of a game and should spend a little time in reserve grade to have a think about that is a completely different thing.

It might be your opinion that anyone who writes those posts are idiots and deserve some sort of correction but the truth is this is a forum and if someone has offered up reasons for their opinion the onus falls on YOU to debate their opinion not just openly call them crazy or state their opinions are ridiculous.

In this instance its the guys lashing out at other fans that are the problem that needs moderation more than the person who simply stated an opinion YOU didnt like.

You’re lucky however in that it seem the mods share your way of thinking.

(All contents just my opinion)

Spot on! I respect everyone’s opinion. What gets me fired up is when posters personally put crap on other posters or have a superior attitude thinking others are less intelligent or less in the know or have less football smarts.

• Going off the Juro Curve we are due for our annual drop off. Optimistically, I think the blowout to Parra, the first Penrith game shambles and Bulldogs game were our yearly slump.
    We are all conditioned for it, its like clockwork most years. The point of difference this year is the coach. They seem to grow one the next week when their pride has been bent. Unlike years past.
    Predicting that Juro Curve to keep zig zagging all the way to the finish line with no major drop off. Where that gets us, no one knows. Hopefully in the 8.

• @Tiger_Steve said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

@formerguest said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

Critical with some level of discussion is what most people do. A very small % just lay into players or the club. Be it opinion or fact most of the people accused of being critical are simply discussing the things they think can be improved.

In general, yeah and and I am happy to be critical when it is reasonably deserved. Still some of the crap on here of late has been nothing sort of crazy, with the dump Brooks to reserve grade and/or put him on the market rubbish at the top level of ridiculousness.

See this is the issue.

Someone just stating Brooks is trash is one thing and probably should be moderated and a warning issued. However someone saying something along the lines of Brooks isnt taking control of a game and should spend a little time in reserve grade to have a think about that is a completely different thing.

It might be your opinion that anyone who writes those posts are idiots and deserve some sort of correction but the truth is this is a forum and if someone has offered up reasons for their opinion the onus falls on YOU to debate their opinion not just openly call them crazy or state their opinions are ridiculous.

In this instance its the guys lashing out at other fans that are the problem that needs moderation more than the person who simply stated an opinion YOU didnt like.

You’re lucky however in that it seem the mods share your way of thinking.

(All contents just my opinion)

Spot on! I respect everyone’s opinion. What gets me fired up is when posters personally put crap on other posters or have a superior attitude thinking others are less intelligent or less in the know or have less football smarts.

Criticizing somebodies opinion is not a personal attack, unless someonce called you an idiot for having said opinion, which isn’t the case A lot of us are tired of the victim mentality that a lot on this forum have with this team. The reality is we are not as bad as what a lot like to claim, the proof of that is the ladder. Of course that could change, and all of the complainers will feel emboldened. For now though, their complaints about us being as bad as they say are unfounded. My opinion (and a few others)

• @GNR4LIFE that’s fair enough. All opinions should be valued except personal attacks - like you said. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can stop people hating on the team though. But for what it’s worth - I hate that also. Personally, the hate for Brooks, Mbye, even Farah is outrageous but I’m not talking about those who make constructive comments about players.
    Also, I wasn’t suggesting there were personal attacks in this thread. Just a general observation is all.

• @Tiger_Steve said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

@GNR4LIFE that’s fair enough. All opinions should be valued except personal attacks - like you said. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can stop people hating on the team though. But for what it’s worth - I hate that also. Personally, the hate for Brooks, Mbye, even Farah is outrageous but I’m not talking about those who make constructive comments about players.
    Also, I wasn’t suggesting there were personal attacks in this thread. Just a general observation is all.

Its kind of like when people get upset when commentators don’t rate us and some people get annoyed. Its human nature to get on the defensive when you see criticism that you feel is unfair.

FTR, for example if someone wants to question Brooks leadership, that’s reasonable imo. I have questions myself. To say he should be shopped around is hyperbole.

• This thread is becoming a pissing contest in my opinion

I don’t think anyone thought Mbye was the worst fullback in the comp , but he certainly isn’t consistently near the best either

If we see Penrith and Titans form every week those opinions will change

And if you asked Luke Brooks if he thought he was playing consistently he would say he could be far more consistent

Apart from the Parra game we have showed up every week

Roosters game the effort was there but we played really dumb footy and paid the price against the best side in the comp with our stupid errors

• @GNR4LIFE said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

FTR, for example if someone wants to question Brooks leadership, that’s reasonable imo. I have questions myself. To say he should be shopped around is hyperbole.

Again i think this speaks to the problem.

Who determines what is hyperbole? You? Why do you get to determine that?

What if a punter said Robert Jennings is not a very good centre and should be dropped. Is that hyperbole or is it ok as long as you agree with the statement?

Just posting up at someone and calling their comments hyperbole or whatever it may be is half the problem. its nothing more than the respondent’s opinion. A better way would be to quote them and actually discuss why you think they are wrong. Or better still just scroll on.

Just my opinion on all this of course. . .

• @The_Patriot said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

@GNR4LIFE said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

Again i think this speaks to the problem.

Who determines what is hyperbole? You? Why do you get to determine that?

What if a punter said Robert Jennings is not a very good centre and should be dropped. Is that hyperbole or is it ok as long as you agree with the statement?

Just posting up at someone and calling their comments hyperbole or whatever it may be is half the problem. its nothing more than the respondent’s opinion. A better way would be to quote them and actually discuss why you think they are wrong. Or better still just scroll on.

Just my opinion on all this of course. . .

Its my opinion that it is. Common sense should tell you they aren’t going to shop Brooks around 6 months after signing him to a 5 year deal. Not because contracts mean something, but because the club isn’t going to suddenly change their opinion of him so soon. Imo to believe otherwise is hyperbole.

• @happy_tiger said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

This thread is becoming a pissing contest in my opinion

I don’t think anyone thought Mbye was the worst fullback in the comp , but he certainly isn’t consistently near the best either

If we see Penrith and Titans form every week those opinions will change

And if you asked Luke Brooks if he thought he was playing consistently he would say he could be far more consistent

Apart from the Parra game we have showed up every week

Roosters game the effort was there but we played really dumb footy and paid the price against the best side in the comp with our stupid errors

Yeah…I dont really get this thread.

We are a week to week proposition and descriptions of the team vary as much as our form and consistency

People that were wrong last week are usually proved correct the next and cant wait to tell everyone…and vice versa

Rocks and diamonds

[quote]…What gets me fired up is when posters personally put crap on other posters or have a superior attitude thinking others are less intelligent or less in the know or have less football smarts…[/quote]

Agree steve…well said

• still dont get this layout either yet

• We are a flat track bully. Win well against poor sides and fold against the good.
    Beat some good sides through amazing football and not luck and maybe Ill agree. I still find our games the hardest/most dissappointing to watch most weeks…not just for scorelines but because they follow the script and rarely surprise.

• @Kev said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

We are a flat track bully. Win well against poor sides and fold against the good.
    Beat some good sides through amazing football and not luck and maybe Ill agree. I still find our games the hardest/most dissappointing to watch most weeks…not just for scorelines but because they follow the script and rarely surprise.

I disagree with that, i can only hope that we won against the poor sides more often that is what lets us down most and costs us

• @Kev said in Too Early For Humble Pie?:

We are a flat track bully. Win well against poor sides and fold against the good.

Idk how you say that when we have losses against the two worst teams in the comp this year.

• It certainly will be a few seasons before I eat humble pie with this current crop of players .

Recent Topics