Next 6 - What is success

• @bythebeardofzeus 8 more wins from the final 15 games will almost definitely get us there this year. There is one less round/bye this year so 28 will almost definitely be enough (ie 13 wins from 25 games).

We are on 10 points already, plus a bye to come (12), plus 16 points from 8 wins gives us the 28.

What would be helpful is if the top 3 or 4 teams keep beating the mid-table teams which are challenging us for a spot in the 8 like the Dragons, Knights, Manly, Raiders etc. If that happens, the cutoff for the 8 would likely be 25 or 26 ladder points.

• 3 from 6 would still have us in a reasonably good position. More would be great and a bonus in my eyes.

Most importantly, we can’t have a long string of losses. Every year going back to 2011 the club has lost at least 4 games in a row. Most years it’s been 5 or 6 losses on the trot. You can’t go on a string of losses like that and expect to play finals footy unless you have a very good squad that can click suddenly and also go on a run.

• Three out of six would be unbelievable but I would even take two. With SOO around the corner nothing is impossible. Anyway Thursday nights game should give us a pretty good gauge how the next 6 weeks will pan out

• 3 out of 6 would be great but the main concern for me is if we lose a game we need to stay close and not get flogged… We cannot afford another 40+ pt lose as its just too hard to make up… Fingers crossed but the next 6 weeks determines our season for me…

• Yeah 3/6 sounds like a good result

Canberra have injuries everywhere

I guess the talk of Mbye getting the 14 jersey for Qld if DCE isn’t fit might have an impact on us

• 3/6 a minimum…

• Haven’t really looked too far ahead but does anyone know who we play during the Origin period?

• If I read the draw right we play Roosters weekend before the 3rd origin so that may be a bonus with their top players unavailable for NRL selection.
    We don’t have a reputation for beating under strength teams but if we can then that’s 2 bonus points.

• ForumSupporter

@willow said in Next 6 - What is success:

Haven’t really looked too far ahead but does anyone know who we play during the Origin period?

1 game before Origin III v the Rorters Rd 16…Our BYE is before Origin I…all teams get a BYE before Origin II

• @Geo said in Next 6 - What is success:

Haven’t really looked too far ahead but does anyone know who we play during the Origin period?

1 game before Origin III v the Rorters Rd 16…Our BYE is before Origin I…all teams get a BYE before Origin II

Well if we’re going to extract any revenge on them then that’s our chance - they’ll be missing some strikepower in Teddy, Keary, Cordner, Mitchell…Crichton maybe…

Origin 1 bye
    Origin 2 Cows
    Origin 3 Roosters
    3/3

• ForumSupporter

@hobbo1 said in Next 6 - What is success:

@Geo said in Next 6 - What is success:

Origin 1 bye
    Origin 2 Cows
    Origin 3 Roosters
    3/3

Origin II is Sunday 23rd June…All Teams have the BYE our game v Cows is Friday June 14 Round 14 …All Players available for their Clubs that Round…

@hobbo1 said in Next 6 - What is success:

@Geo said in Next 6 - What is success:

Origin 1 bye
    Origin 2 Cows
    Origin 3 Roosters
    3/3

Origin II is Sunday 23rd June…All Teams have the BYE our game v Cows is Friday June 14 Round 14 …All Players available for their Clubs that Round…

They’ll be tired ( and desperate)

• I think all those games are winnable… just depends what side shows up on the day the winners or the losers. The only real side that is miles in front is the Roosters the rest are very beatable imo.

• Mate winning 2 of those 6 would be a success, imo when you consider that 4 of those matches are against the teams that everyone agrees are light years ahead of the rest of the comp!

Recent Topics