Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official

@Cultured_Bogan said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

@The_Patriot said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

@Cultured_Bogan said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

@The_Patriot said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

I like having Mikaele and Aloiai coming off the bench. Real impact but they both need to cut out the mistakes. Do that and we have some weapons.

I prefer having Aloiai off the bench. Our bench at the start of the year offered some real impact and it tapered off when Aloiai and Packer transitioned into the starting side.

Not sure if it’s just perception but Aloiai appears to be less mistake riddled than in previous years. Mikaele needs to improve though.

I would have loved to have seen both with Musgrove in the mix as well. Been a long time Aloiai fan. Mikaele while making too many mistakes is a straight up beast.

Add one more decent prop and we have a qualiry pack

Agreed. Having a player like TPJ in with that pack would be handy. Even Taupau back at the right price.

If Packer does not make a return from reggies safe to say we might be in the market for one by years end.

Why not next month?

Grateful there won’t be anymore of those spider/flying fox camera angles TBH.

@Dan_Blanco said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

Grateful there won’t be anymore of those spider/flying fox camera angles TBH.

I liked it for replays of tries, it gave a whole new perspective. Live game it was annoying though

@the_scene said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

Was it reported how much we paid for Packer? I cant see any other club wanting to pay more than $300k per year for him.

Penrith perhaps?

Packer’s still a quality forward, he just had his heart broken by Cleary, an doesn’t like the way the new coach goes about things.

@gallagher that’s my take too Gal. Enjoyed the replays, not the live game angles. Reminded me a bit of the NFL scrimmage line cam. But cheaper version. Maybe it was the operator

last edited by Danny Blanco

@Sco77y said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

@GNR4LIFE said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

I think we’re half a chance tonight. Melbourne are the weakest of the top 3 teams imo. If the Dogs can go down and nearly pull off an upset, why can’t we?

Its a good thing Bellamy tore strips off them last week and they got the thrashing out of their system against Parra. I doubt they come out that pumped up again.

Agree. The line at least looks decent value. We beat them twice last year, and their record after a dominant win isn’t great. Usually a lower scoring close win or a loss. Definitely not out of this one if we turn up.

I feel more confident/hopeful when we play Melbourne than I do when we play the Roosters, Bunnies & Raiders - their big forwards just seem to tear us up, whereas we have always given the Storm a bit of trouble over the years, even beating them twice last season. I think we are a bit of a bogey team for them.

Different year I know, but sometimes these sorts of bogeys stick, though I must admit I’d feel a lot more comfortable if we were playing in them in Sydney tonight.

Yeah I don’t know how quite a few people are feeling confident about this game… I might be wrong but I think we are gonna get a hammering.

@Spud_Murphy said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

@Sco77y said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

@GNR4LIFE said in Wests Tigers Team v Melbourne *Official:

I think we’re half a chance tonight. Melbourne are the weakest of the top 3 teams imo. If the Dogs can go down and nearly pull off an upset, why can’t we?

Its a good thing Bellamy tore strips off them last week and they got the thrashing out of their system against Parra. I doubt they come out that pumped up again.

Agree. The line at least looks decent value. We beat them twice last year, and their record after a dominant win isn’t great. Usually a lower scoring close win or a loss. Definitely not out of this one if we turn up.

I feel more confident/hopeful when we play Melbourne than I do when we play the Roosters, Bunnies & Raiders - their big forwards just seem to tear us up, whereas we have always given the Storm a bit of trouble over the years, even beating them twice last season. I think we are a bit of a bogey team for them.

Different year I know, but sometimes these sorts of bogeys stick, though I must admit I’d feel a lot more comfortable if we were playing in them in Sydney tonight.

Same, I was in a state of shock when we beat the Bunnies last year lol.

Wests Tigers 1-17…

Storm dropped Earl off the bench and included Stimson…

@Spud_Murphy same here … not saying we will win … but more chance tonight than the night we played Roosters.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.