Luke Brooks

• @Geo said in Luke Brooks:

@happy_tiger said in Luke Brooks:

@Geo said in Luke Brooks:

Again he still needs some forwards with punch and outside backs with speed

He wasn’t bad last night …but he needed to run the ball more and kicked for touch more often

Taking the Melbourne back 3 running game out would help greatly and give us tighter control of their sets of six

Yeah I know only ran for 113m way down on his 140-160m average…

Melbourne only made it out of their 20 twice on kick returns last night once was that final set…the tactic of targeting Vunivalululu with high kicks was right…very shakey most times once was duded of a knock on…the majority of the time the chase was spot on stopping him 10m out in a corner…

Seeing one of those runs was a 40 metre intercept …

My point still remains he didn’t take the line on at speed at all

And the last kick should of been drilled into touch …he should of called for the last ruck to be worked closer to the sideline

Brody Croft made 40m total all game

You know the game doesn’t work that way with drilling it into touch…if he did that the magic 8 ball tells me Addo-Carr would have went under the posts from the scrum un touched…

I think your magic 8 ball is broken !
    Shake it harder !

• ForumSupporter

He wasn’t bad last night …but he needed to run the ball more and kicked for touch more often

Taking the Melbourne back 3 running game out would help greatly and give us tighter control of their sets of six

And another thing Vunivialulululu only ran for 97m total and Addo-Carr 70m total way down on their season averages …Papenhayzen ran for 200 but 1 of those was 80m going into score…I would say the majority of the game their metres were controlled…

• i know they play left and right, but for mine he’s not an organiser. If post-marshall he has someone like Blake Green outside of him i think he will excel.

Much more your traditional 5/8 imo, whenever it falls on him to lead us around we fall apart

• @The_Patriot said in Luke Brooks:

@2041 said in Luke Brooks:

@The_Patriot said in Luke Brooks:

@The_Patriot Did Brodie Croft remain composed under pressure when we played the Storm in Auckland last year? Because I seem to recall him letting a kick off bounce over his head so we could get the ball back and score, botching a field goal to give us a seven-tackle set we went ahead off, not being given the ball by Cam Smith in the closing minutes and then being dropped for three months. The grass is always greener, I suppose.

if you think thats the true representation of Brody Croft then thats ok. Each to their own.

I see a guy who is going to end up one of if not the best half backs in the game.

I’m not saying Croft won’t be good. What I’m saying is if your argument against Brooks is that he made X mistake in Y game you can do the same for any player you care to name.

Actually thats not what im saying at all. Ive written enough in this thread for someone to get a grasp of what im saying.

I apologise. It’s hard to keep track of who doesn’t like Brooks because of some specific bad thing they remember him doing and who doesn’t like him because they’re convinced he doesn’t do something that’s conveniently unprovable. I now accept that you are in the latter group.

• @jirskyr said in Luke Brooks:

I also note that Brooks outperforms Croft in virtually any statistical category you’d care to mention.

Yeah I find that part funny. Sure there are players better than Brooks and there will continue to be as the years roll by, unless Brooks goes to another level again.

But Brodie Croft? He’s alright but surely no upgrade on Brooks. We have to remember that we’d be buying Brodie Croft to insert into the Tigers roster and he’s not bringing Smith, Munster and NAS with him.

I thought Brooks totally outplayed Croft last night and has done so on 100% of matches against Melbourne. Brooks was scoring tries, laying on attacking raids and his tactical kicking was really sharp. Croft spent most of the night distributing modestly and trying not to miss tackles.

I would genuinely expect that if you randomly surveyed NRL fans, there would not be a majority who would say Croft is a better prospect now or in the future than Luke Brooks. And it that were proven true, then why swap same for same?

Seriously… the idea that Croft, on the back of half a dozen decent games, is some sort of proven game manager while he’s playing in the same side as Cam Smith is just bizarre. All I can think is what I said before: the grass is always greener.

I occasionally like to dip into forums of teams I dislike when they’re going badly just for schadenfreude purposes (I know, I’m a bad human - in my defence I never post, just lurk) and I can say for absolute certain that it’s the same everywhere. A good chunk of the droolers on the Souths forum are absolutely convinced that Reynolds sucks and have been wanting him gone for years, for instance.

I also note that the constant demand on here is for the Tigers to sign proven first-grade players who aren’t over the hill. Brooks is more or less the only one of them we actually have, and people want to sack him off for a 21 year old who’s barely got out of his first grade water wings. Basically, whatever we have is crap and whatever anyone else has must be better.

• @2041 said in Luke Brooks:

@The_Patriot Did Brodie Croft remain composed under pressure when we played the Storm in Auckland last year? Because I seem to recall him letting a kick off bounce over his head so we could get the ball back and score, botching a field goal to give us a seven-tackle set we went ahead off, not being given the ball by Cam Smith in the closing minutes and then being dropped for three months. The grass is always greener, I suppose.

if you think thats the true representation of Brody Croft then thats ok. Each to their own.

I see a guy who is going to end up one of if not the best half backs in the game.

I’m not saying Croft won’t be good. What I’m saying is if your argument against Brooks is that he made X mistake in Y game you can do the same for any player you care to name.

Actually thats not what im saying at all. Ive written enough in this thread for someone to get a grasp of what im saying.

I apologise. It’s hard to keep track of who doesn’t like Brooks because of some specific bad thing they remember him doing and who doesn’t like him because they’re convinced he doesn’t do something that’s conveniently unprovable. I now accept that you are in the latter group.

Thats not really an apology is it lol

• ForumSupporter

@hobbo1 said in Luke Brooks:

Melbourne only made it out of their 20 twice on kick returns last night once was that final set…the tactic of targeting Vunivalululu with high kicks was right…very shakey most times once was duded of a knock on…the majority of the time the chase was spot on stopping him 10m out in a corner…

And the last kick should of been drilled into touch …he should of called for the last ruck to be worked closer to the sideline

You know the game doesn’t work that way with drilling it into touch…if he did that the magic 8 ball tells me Addo-Carr would have went under the posts from the scrum un touched…

Shake it harder !

59550614_1141877609325842_6039581499806711808_n.jpg

• @Geo said in Luke Brooks:

@hobbo1 said in Luke Brooks:

Shake it harder !

59550614_1141877609325842_6039581499806711808_n.jpg

Lol
    Just need an iQ4 and to cut down the lemon tree !

• @The_Patriot said in Luke Brooks:

Ha, no it’s not really - fair enough. All just chat so far as I’m concerned, nothing personal here. You’re entitled to your view (even if it’s wrong).

• @2041 said in Luke Brooks:

Ha, no it’s not really - fair enough. All just chat so far as I’m concerned, nothing personal here. You’re entitled to your view (even if it’s wrong).

Its hardly a chat. Just you defending Brooks and not really listening or reading to what people are saying.

• @The_Patriot If by that you mean I’ve asked people to look at objective reality instead of basing their opinions of a player on what they feel about him then yes, that’s what I’ve done.

Recent Topics