Luke Brooks

Brooks is great against teams that couldn’t beat your local A grade side, let’s see how he goes tonight.

@TIGER You mean like last year when he scored the winning try against the team we’re playing tonight?

@weststigerman said in Luke Brooks:

@TIGER You mean like last year when he scored the winning try against the team we’re playing tonight?

That is right. The question is will he kick on and become a top quality half. Maybe he will. Maybe he won’t. At the moment though he is one of the better halves in the comp. That is good enough for me. Let’s see how he goes over the rest of his contract.

@weststigerman I wouldn’t bother, mate. Brooks truthers are like climate change deniers: there’s no evidence you can provide that they can’t deflect or change the subject on.

First it was Brooks’s defence, which now turns out to be fine.
Then it was that he doesn’t play at the line, which it turns out he does more than anyone else in the comp.
Now he can’t handle pressure, except when he can.

These people made their minds up three years ago and they aren’t going to let anything stupid like facts or evidence change them now.

no,others are in front of him for origin.besides I want him playing for the tigers.
I like luke brooks. he stayed when the others walked.that means bucketloads to me.

Lets be honest, i think Brooks is only at the club because Ivan saw him as the perfect partner to Nathan. Let Nathan control the game and have Luke run on the back of that. It probably would have worked.

Im all for keeping Luke Brooks and think he can add to a team but you then need to go out and recruit a top class organising half back. only way i see him here long term.

@The_Patriot said in Luke Brooks:

Lets be honest, i think Brooks is only at the club because Ivan saw him as the perfect partner to Nathan. Let Nathan control the game and have Luke run on the back of that. It probably would have worked.

Im all for keeping Luke Brooks and think he can add to a team but you then need to go out and recruit a top class organising half back. only way i see him here long term.

He’s here for 5 years. With or without a top class organizing half.

Wasn’t Madge the one who finalised Brooks’ deal?

@Cultured_Bogan said in Luke Brooks:

Wasn’t Madge the one who finalised Brooks’ deal?

Made it longer in fact…but what would Maguire know…

@2041
One and half good games this year and there is carrying on like he’s the messiah.
Chrissakes.
Pun intended.

Point to any other game this year where he has made a significantly positive impact, kicked well or directed the team effectively. Do that and maybe you’ll start convincing people.
I’m open minded, but you can’t mean he has proven himself just because he has one good game in a row. He needs a string of them. Then I’ll happily back the guy like I did fervently when he came up from U20’s.

@bigsiro I’m not talking about one game and I’m not saying he’s the messiah, so stop straw manning me.

The numbers show that over the past season and a half he is a good first grade half, probably in the top five and certainly in the top 10.

Lol people are so precious. Yes he is signed for 5 years and yes Maguire played a part in that.

I doubt he will be here at the end playing half back if he can’t step up and start winning more than the odd game.

You guys crack me up, the old 1, 2 3.

last edited by The_Patriot

Lol people are so precious. Yes he is signed for 5 years and yes Maguire played a part in that.

I doubt he will be here at the end playing half back if he can’t step up and start winning more than the odd game.

Settle down, you made a comment about Ivan and Luke, I was asking a genuine question as to whether Madge or Ivan retained him as I thought it was Madge who resigned him and thought that your comment was a bit of a non sequitur, nor was I a smartarse about it.

Jesus, I disagree with two of your opinions over a couple of days and now apparently I have it in for you? Drop the inferiority complex.

Voldamort had nothing to do with the re-signing of Brooks …he was already at the Pamfers…

The irony of you calling someone else precious but I digress.

There is a lot of delusion with those who dislike Brooks. Not because they dislike him, but because they are convinced he’s constantly on thin ice, regardless of how much credit the coach gives or how much faith the club puts in him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.