Ryan Papenhuyzen

You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t. We threw a heap of money at Suli and look how that turned out. A lot complained that we overpaid Brooks and Moses when they first debuted. Juniors are a lottery.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

Cant run without legs. Just got to tackle them.

@supercoach said in Ryan Papenhuyzen:

NRL 360 were giving us bit of stick about how we have let players walk out the door, like Ryan,JAC and Koro. The bottom line we had to make business decisions based on our cap and our roster. Okay the Fox was bungled and the club don’t hide from it but we don’t have money trees and a expandable cap like other clubs and we have to pay over the odds to attract players so our cap doesn’t go a far as other clubs.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Good old Pooper, never misses a chance to take a pot shot at us. As shown in the article posted from nrl.com Ryan made the choice to move on because he was behind Teddy. It would’ve been irresponsible for the club to commit too much of our salary cap to an understudy when Tede$co hadn’t yet shown his true colours.

@sheer64 said in Ryan Papenhuyzen:

Cant run without legs. Just got to tackle them.

Or heads but that’s probably a flash back to my bucket of bloods days…not really rugby league 2019…fire up Dallas…

Just remember he was ranked their 3rd best fullback behind Drinkwater and Hughes and came on when the eels gave up and there were holes aplenty

@supercoach said in Ryan Papenhuyzen:

NRL 360 were giving us bit of stick about how we have let players walk out the door, like Ryan,JAC and Koro. The bottom line we had to make business decisions based on our cap and our roster. Okay the Fox was bungled and the club don’t hide from it but we don’t have money trees and a expandable cap like other clubs and we have to pay over the odds to attract players so our cap doesn’t go a far as other clubs.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing

I suppose another way to look at it, is that WT and most other clubs, are not clubs that have any attraction for players to stay waiting in reserves whilst the clubs mainstream players are on roster. Probably only Broncos, Storm and Roosters (and possibly Rabbitohs) are the clubs where they can keep their talented reserve players waiting their time- no doubt the ‘éxtra benefits’ help but there is ability of these very strong clubs to keep talent waiting in reserve.

@CarltonDry said in Ryan Papenhuyzen:

Just remember he was ranked their 3rd best fullback behind Drinkwater and Hughes and came on when the eels gave up and there were holes aplenty

yeah, a few might be getting a bit excited.

We got Matterson because he was tired of waiting behind other players.

Swings and roundabouts.

@Earl said in Ryan Papenhuyzen:

@TIGER said in Ryan Papenhuyzen:

It would have been nice to still have Addo Carr and him, but it seems speed doesn’t seem to want to stay at the Tigers.

Adam Blair who was rated the best backrower in the comp.

Hahaa you must have missed the “in their right mind” bit

@gallagher it’s the moustache he is rocking. It’s got people giddy.

Reminds me of Matt Dufty.

@TIGER - Blair was the perfect example. I hope that never happens again.

Its not a perfect science but it sure helps having a quality recruitment team who can identify talent. This hasnt always been the case at this club.

Good recruitment and retention personal get this right more than we get it wrong.

@The_Patriot said in Ryan Papenhuyzen:

Its not a perfect science but it sure helps having a quality recruitment team who can identify talent. This hasnt always been the case at this club.

Good recruitment and retention personal get this right more than we get it wrong.

This is true…If you are talking about junior recruitment …I think the Club has turned the corner with Dave Warwick and the signing of the current crop of development players…

I note too that Warren McDonnell recently got the arse from the dogs…

NRL recruitment is a different case with now Madge really only getting involved…time will tell what type of player Madge can attract …he will have plenty of scope with the amount of off contract players 2019 and still 1 spot to fill this year…I believe Corey Thompson is close to being re-signed by the Club…

last edited by Geo

Feel all this media hype and talk of Tigers stuffing up (they didn’t) is just all a bit too soon.

Famous last words haha.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.