Greg Inglis ruling gives Bennett's Bunnies $1m cap relief

• No doubt about it - RORTING!!!

CEO should be stood down and what was the contract worth?

Oh! right - a millon dollar fine…

Oh scrub that - it’s NOT the Tigers - it’s Souffs… oh! no rorting … they are the “Pride of the League”!!!

• @Tbone said in Greg Inglis ruling gives Bennett's Bunnies $1m cap relief:

I don’t have a problem with it. Inglis walked away from his contract and they are including his post-career employment in the cap

I basically agree. However it does not say definitely in the article that Inglis’ new role is included in the cap?

But can anyone honestly say that they are against players being allowed to retire and end their contracts? What’s the difference between a doctor saying you can’t play any more and a player saying they can’t play any more? If you don’t think you can compete on the field any longer, end your contract and don’t ask for a payout.

However if Souths had been forced to pay Inglis his full money, then there’s no concession on the salary cap. It’s like Sonny Bill - Bulldogs didn’t have to pay him when he walked out, nor was his future contract value still applied to their salary cap.

In terms of the post-career deal, it’s pretty clear that if you go to the NRL FIRST then you are a much better chance, rather than making the deal then asking forgiveness. I still reckon the NRL’s decision re Farah is complete BS, however it’s not the same as Inglis because Farah didn’t retire, wasn’t consistently injured / hadn’t missed much football and Tigers never cleared it with NRL first.

• I wonder how many other very experienced assistant coaches in the nrl are getting paid $300 k a season …let alone someone who struggles to put 6 words together back 2 back

• Thank goodness the game has wrapped its arms around Gregg.

• Greg has been admitted to rehab. He obviously can’t fulfil the obligations in the role that Souths are paying him for.

Assume any payments being made will now be included in the cap. He is a contracted player who is unfit to play

• @BalmainJnr said in Greg Inglis ruling gives Bennett's Bunnies $1m cap relief:

Thank goodness the game has wrapped its arms around Gregg.

He sure is a favourite

• @Harvey said in Greg Inglis ruling gives Bennett's Bunnies $1m cap relief:

Greg has been admitted to rehab. He obviously can’t fulfil the obligations in the role that Souths are paying him for.

Assume any payments being made will now be included in the cap. He is a contracted player who is unfit to play

I agree, but don’t hold your breath

• I wonder what was in the loaded gun to get all the CEO’s to agree to the NRL deal with Souths on the Inglis thing. I guess it now sets a precedent for all clubs.
    Just seems funny that clubs like Manly would agree after getting knocked back for a similar request and as far as I recall we had to carry Liam Fulton’s contract for a while.
    Maybe with big question marks over Sydney franchises, clubs are two scared to rock the boat

• @supercoach said in Greg Inglis ruling gives Bennett's Bunnies $1m cap relief:

I wonder what was in the loaded gun to get all the CEO’s to agree to the NRL deal with Souths on the Inglis thing. I guess it now sets a precedent for all clubs.
    Just seems funny that clubs like Manly would agree after getting knocked back for a similar request and as far as I recall we had to carry Liam Fulton’s contract for a while.
    Maybe with big question marks over Sydney franchises, clubs are two scared to rock the boat

Good post supercoach. The issue is consistency and when Watmough and Inglis received this treatment compared to Fulton, it is easy to come to the conclusion that our club doesn’t have the profile necessary to warrant favourable decisions. I await the landslide of clubs wanting similar treatment.,

Recent Topics