Us vs the Storm **live game thread**

• @TYGA said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Big performance! Storm at home are tough.
    We need to keep that level up all year. That’s how you challenge. We won’t win every game but will beat most. Unlucky in the end but we had opportunities to put that away.

We need a game breaker in the backs seriously lacking pace and a threat out wide.

Agree with your post. Especially the game breaker in the backs

• @TIGER said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Why didn’t Liddle get on?

Because the coach stuffed up and t that was just one of his mistakes, with not taking time away from the storm late for a penalty shot.

• @TigersBusDriver It hurts so much, but those are my exact thoughts, especially about not using Liddle

• @The_Doc said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

How the he’ll did we lose that, Brooks needs to get his game management right his kick before Chambers try put them on the front foot. I’m still scratching my head in disbelief lucky to still have a tv functioning.

It was straight down vunivalu’s throat …
    Piss poor imo

• if we had won it… my MVP would have been papenhauzens shoe

• @Earl he was found out a couple of times tonight. They just didn’t lead to tries.

• @TYGA said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Big performance! Storm at home are tough.
    We need to keep that level up all year. That’s how you challenge. We won’t win every game but will beat most. Unlucky in the end but we had opportunities to put that away.

We need a game breaker in the backs seriously lacking pace and a threat out wide.

Yeah lack of pace is what’s holding us back big time! If we had a speedster like Ado-Carr in our backline when Brooks took that intercept early on it would’ve been shut the gate. Just one fast three quarter would do, just one 🙏🏿

• Can’t believe what I’m reading at the moment. Alright, guys, it was our 5th coach in 7 years’ fault that we lose 24-22 to one of the best teams in the comp. Far out, we might be seeing the 6th one very soon.

• Mbye bombed a try when he should have passed for the easiest of tries. Then two easy tries for them when all 80kg of Papenhauyzen runs straight through McQueen, Brooks and Robbie and then Brooks decides not to contest a cross field kick when our fullback was not in the same postcode. hardly the coaches fault.

• Hard to take this one…
    Best part was not getting flogged and have a big negative For and against However we cannot keep have these games where we walk off saying we gave it a good shot and played great. We need the 2 points more than anyone.

• The worst part is that you could just see it coming.
    Too many times we’ve thrown away a game at the death when we’ve been the better side.

• Agreed. Madge’s tactics were good.

I do think we have to look at Fonua’s spot in the team though. He was really useful for us when he was making 15 hit ups a game. But now we have changed roles I just always feel we are vunerable on his side, and always suspectible in defence.

• @jojo

Mbye’s positional play is the worst of any fullback I think I have ever seen in the NRL.

Not to mention two games this year have come down to the final minute where Mbye has had to make a tackle and he has missed both cold.

• Anybody complaining about that game is kidding themselves . Melbourne are a gun team . This is what they do. The attack looked great . It is happening at the line and at pace . And we lost by a bad bounce , an all or nothing tackle and a brain fart catching a bomb .

• You can say what you like, blame anyone you like (or don’t like) … but think about it … Lady Luck was not with us tonight.

Recent Topics