Us vs the Storm **live game thread**

• @TigersBusDriver wow people actually have some common sense.

• @TigersBusDriver said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@The_Patriot You can’t be serious. You’re blaming Maguire when his structure and coaching was the only reason we were even in the game. Compare the bloody quality of players on paper and you would expect a blowout. He’s got us playing some of the best footy in a long time with some structure and cohesiveness… All that this team needs is to learn to stop dozing off in short periods which have cost us twice now.

You’ve been blaming Fonua ever since they blew that full time whistle, but other than that last missed tackle (which really wasn’t all that costly, because the other 5 blokes who attempted the tackles after still missed) but I can’t think of any other mistake of his today. He was good. You also complain about Madge holding back Mikaele and Liddle in the dying moments. Think about that for a second. We’re holding on to a lead, do you really want to bring Mikaele (who - for all his good traits - is still well inexperienced, clumsy with the ball and ill disciplined at times) and Liddle (Farah’s much more composed and reliable) on??? You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining. That was our best performance all year…

Ok so we were just unlucky

• @The_Patriot Don’t really know any other way to explain it. Melbourne didn’t really play us off the park to be honest… We actually outplayed them for the most part of 75 minutes. And that leads me back to my point I made earlier - if there’s anything to complain about from today’s game is that we doze off for a 5-10 minute period every game which has cost us against the Panthers, the Dogs and now the Storm

• We tend to lose more close ones at the death than we do win them. Going back to that final vs Warriors nearly a decade ago.

Maybe it’s selective memory, as it is the losses that cut deepest and stay in the memory, but idk. The fact that if we’re winning by 2 (or 20 like last week) and still worried is quite telling.

They say we need a game breaker, I think we need a game manager.

• @Strongee said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Anybody complaining about that game is kidding themselves . Melbourne are a gun team . This is what they do. The attack looked great . It is happening at the line and at pace . And we lost by a bad bounce , an all or nothing tackle and a brain fart catching a bomb .

That kind of attitude is just a poor, loser mentality. That game should have been ours.

• @BalmainJnr said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Moving into the final 20mins. Time to stand up and be counted lads!

Hmmm… Not quite

• @TigerTiger You’re definitely right about selective memory. I know for a fact I won’t be letting go our loss today and to the Panthers for the rest of the season… Especially if we come 9th

• @WeHaveCheeKam said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@jojo

Mbye’s positional play is the worst of any fullback I think I have ever seen in the NRL.

Not to mention two games this year have come down to the final minute where Mbye has had to make a tackle and he has missed both cold.

I think his positional play is great. That is how he gets into a position where he can drop balls and miss tackles

• @Sabre said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@Strongee said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Anybody complaining about that game is kidding themselves . Melbourne are a gun team . This is what they do. The attack looked great . It is happening at the line and at pace . And we lost by a bad bounce , an all or nothing tackle and a brain fart catching a bomb .

That kind of attitude is just a poor, loser mentality. That game should have been ours.

I think the difference this time around is the current coach won’t cop the ‘good effort is good enough’ line.
    Great effort but some dumb stuff in the last 20.

• Administrators

A tough loss, but I’m very proud of the boys.

If we play at that level consistently then we’ll make the 8 for sure

• @Sabre no finding excuses and laying blame at the whole team instead of looking at it objectively is a losers mentality. It literally came down to 3 bad decisions . And against a team with the next immortal , that’s what happens . For 75 minutes we played them off the park . If Mahe doesn’t shoot out the line there , and it’s 22-20 . How’s everyone’s reaction ? The team played well and actually look like they are taking a leap .

• @Strongee said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Not the first time Melbourne have pegged a team back after looking beaten. The only team they couldn’t come over the top of was Cronulla - the only game they have lost all year by the way and by a mere 2 points! We did extremely well tonight, especially when you compare the rosters.

• @TigersBusDriver said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Can’t believe what I’m reading at the moment. Alright, guys, it was our 5th coach in 7 years’ fault that we lose 24-22 to one of the best teams in the comp. Far out, we might be seeing the 6th one very soon.

It’s not just what you are reading now, it is what was written as it played out during the game. I have little doubt that the coach will be critically analysing his own decisions and more so than those of his players as the game wound down.

• @Harvey said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@WeHaveCheeKam said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@jojo

Mbye’s positional play is the worst of any fullback I think I have ever seen in the NRL.

Not to mention two games this year have come down to the final minute where Mbye has had to make a tackle and he has missed both cold.

I think his positional play is great. That is how he gets into a position where he can drop balls and miss tackles

The guy stands in the line all night and isn’t exactly quick off the mark. Had his positional play been better he would have had a better shot at Chambers at the end. Or perhaps been within 10 metres of that bomb for the 2nd try. Compared to RP who was taking everything on the full 😞

• Current mood…IMG_20190516_222101.jpg

Recent Topics