Us vs the Storm **live game thread**

• what are you taking about ? Take your sook face off for a second and watch . The control of possession , the crispness in attack against the best defence in the world. And the combinations looked good . But you can’t drop the ball in the 40 with 5 to go . You can’t shoot out the line for the miracle tackle on your try line . And you have to aggressively attack the footy when contesting a bomb. Those 3 errors literally cost the game .

• @formerguest I wouldn’t expect him to either… The win was ours, the players didnt shape up to it in the end. Simple. Putting on Mikaele/Liddle wouldn’t have changed the end result.

• @The_Patriot said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@TigersBusDriver said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@The_Patriot You can’t be serious. You’re blaming Maguire when his structure and coaching was the only reason we were even in the game. Compare the bloody quality of players on paper and you would expect a blowout. He’s got us playing some of the best footy in a long time with some structure and cohesiveness… All that this team needs is to learn to stop dozing off in short periods which have cost us twice now.

You’ve been blaming Fonua ever since they blew that full time whistle, but other than that last missed tackle (which really wasn’t all that costly, because the other 5 blokes who attempted the tackles after still missed) but I can’t think of any other mistake of his today. He was good. You also complain about Madge holding back Mikaele and Liddle in the dying moments. Think about that for a second. We’re holding on to a lead, do you really want to bring Mikaele (who - for all his good traits - is still well inexperienced, clumsy with the ball and ill disciplined at times) and Liddle (Farah’s much more composed and reliable) on??? You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining. That was our best performance all year…

Ok so we were just unlucky
    you finally got it … now go back to your chair and watch the game again and enjoy the experience … and see how much we progressed since our recent flaggings.
    This Is not a great side mate and we should be able to celebrate and enjoy a good performance … win or no win.
    Believe me it hurts that we lost but be bit more realistic on your expectations with this side.

• ForumSupporter

@Spud_Murphy said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@Strongee said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Anybody complaining about that game is kidding themselves . Melbourne are a gun team . This is what they do. The attack looked great . It is happening at the line and at pace . And we lost by a bad bounce , an all or nothing tackle and a brain fart catching a bomb .

Not the first time Melbourne have pegged a team back after looking beaten. The only team they couldn’t come over the top of was Cronulla - the only game they have lost all year by the way and by a mere 2 points! We did extremely well tonight, especially when you compare the rosters.

Rorters beat them in golden point down there with a Latrell Mitchell FG…Cocks lead 20-6 tho…

• @Geo said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@Spud_Murphy said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@Strongee said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

Anybody complaining about that game is kidding themselves . Melbourne are a gun team . This is what they do. The attack looked great . It is happening at the line and at pace . And we lost by a bad bounce , an all or nothing tackle and a brain fart catching a bomb .

Not the first time Melbourne have pegged a team back after looking beaten. The only team they couldn’t come over the top of was Cronulla - the only game they have lost all year by the way and by a mere 2 points! We did extremely well tonight, especially when you compare the rosters.

Rorters beat them in golden point down there with a Latrell Mitchell FG…Cocks lead 20-6 tho…

Ah my bad totally forgot about that game, but yes they even nearly ran the Roosters down!

• I take more out of that loss than the win last week. They played really well and were the better side every where but the scoreboard.
    Okay with a little bit more attention to detail they would have nailed another try and the 78th minute would not be a issue, but we are looking at a team that had 50 put on them a few weeks ago and now they push the Storm to the limit.
    Some smart recruitment and some luck this team will be a tough nut to crack

• @Spud_Murphy I can’t believe how people can be so negative . If we play like that to finish the year we will be AT LEAST 6th . I watched that objectively as I had a sleeping kid next to me , and couldn’t get too passionate . And they honestly haven’t looked this crisp in a very long time . The storm just have amazing defensive structures . Also just quietly their number 1 … was a tigers junior who only didn’t re-sign because 1 turncoat fullback lead the club into believing he was

• @supercoach said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

I take more out of that loss than the win last week. They played really well and were the better side every where but the scoreboard.
    Okay with a little bit more attention to detail they would have nailed another try and the 78th minute would not be a issue, but we are looking at a team that had 50 put on them a few weeks ago and now they push the Storm to the limit.

The signs of a good team are there. Just needs some fine tuning with recruitment.

• @TigersBusDriver said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@formerguest I wouldn’t expect him to either… The win was ours, the players didnt shape up to it in the end. Simple. Putting on Mikaele/Liddle wouldn’t have changed the end result.

We will never know, but there is no doubt that the injection of Liddle changes the dynamic, injecting life into a side that was pedestrian and not going forward once Matulino left the field.

• the effort tonight we would beat most teams guys. we will get better

• @IWasBornATiger said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

y did tigers release papenhuyzen!!??!?!!

Because Tedesco. Simple.

• @WT2K said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

@supercoach said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

I take more out of that loss than the win last week. They played really well and were the better side every where but the scoreboard.

The signs of a good team are there. Just needs some fine tuning with recruitment.

Yep a little bit of speed out wide would do wonders.

• @IWasBornATiger Guilty.

• @Jedi_Tiger said in Us vs the Storm **live game thread**:

the effort tonight we would beat most teams guys. we will get better

But then we turn in poor performances against the Dogs and Parramatta. Cronulla have mostly looked so so but churn through points. Until we can start stringing wins together it’s 9th place again.

• We can’t change the result in the end. The game ended how it did. What worries me now is how the players take this result and use it for next week against the Bunnies. We need to start stringing some wins together and to do it against the Bunnies, the Raiders, then the Cowboys (who we should comfortably beat but you never know with the Tiges) and Bunnies again. Hopefully we can gain some confidence from this game and not dwell on the result too long and I truly believe, judging from today’s performance, we can go 4/4 from the teams mentioned. That’s how high I rated todays performance

Recent Topics