Played Well But...

Will we see the same enthusiasm next week and the week after??? I doubt it. That’s the Wests Tigers…

Ain’t nothing changed…

I think we will…Maguire is starting to make his mark with this squad…the forwards have been consistent all year bar 2 games…

He will want to make a statement to the team who showed him the door…

@Geo said in Played Well But...:

I think we will…Maguire is starting to make his mark with this squad…the forwards have been consistent all year bar 2 games…

He will want to make a statement to the team who showed him the door…

I agree, Maguire is making mark.

well we have played well for 8 games from 10 blso id say we will c the effort next week0

I wonder if these now two very close losses will see us miss the eight again… These are the ones we gotta win
Still smh 😠

We wont be consistent if we dont drop players who do nothing. Mbye and Jennings are nothing players. I can’t believe these guys are playing while nofo is sidelined; you can whip the players all you want madge but if you select the wrong ones it wont work.

Disappointed of course but really encouraged by the effort. There will always be ‘what ifs’ but there’s plenty to like from that game. I think Madge is building confidence among the team that they can take on top 4 teams and push them. The final step is being able to win those games. I think we can go into the next 3 weeks with a lot of confidence.

@StarswithStripes said in Played Well But...:

Disappointed of course but really encouraged by the effort. There will always be ‘what ifs’ but there’s plenty to like from that game. I think Madge is building confidence among the team that they can take on top 4 teams and push them. The final step is being able to win those games. I think we can go into the next 3 weeks with a lot of confidence.

Madge is giving the Tigers teeth we havent had in many years,of course we are going to have weeks when we are toothless but the trend is for the better under him.He will get us to where we should be

@tigerbill said in Played Well But...:

We wont be consistent if we dont drop players who do nothing. Mbye and Jennings are nothing players. I can’t believe these guys are playing while nofo is sidelined; you can whip the players all you want madge but if you select the wrong ones it wont work.

You’d believe it if you took the time to watch Nofo in reserves.

You need reward for effort and if you continue to come up empty after being the better side it can do terrible things to a teams mindset. I guess it’s all about the teams development to learn how to win but I have seen this with our team for so long now it’s hard to be confident, although Madge gives me more confidence than any other coach we have had since Sheens

I’m not happy that we lost that game the way we did. However that may just be the perfect loss for Maguire to push the boys to the next level. Losing by two in the last two minutes of the game after 78 minutes of effort and decent football cant sit well with the players.

@avocadoontoast said in Played Well But...:

@tigerbill said in Played Well But...:

You’d believe it if you took the time to watch Nofo in reserves.

Again, no one is standing up in CC to be considered. You can only drop players if the alternative presents a benefit. If you’re not scoring tries in CC you won’t be scoring them in FG. Eisenhuth is playing FG because he was playing well above state cup level and churning out good numbers.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.