Win by the Storm

• I put it down to a couple of stupid things we did when in possession…Game management is still very much foreign to this team, not sure if Reynolds would have helped, but there were enough senior players around to know what to do…In any case, proud of the boys, tremendous effort, game went down to the wire, we competed for the full 80’.

• I can look back at the few moments of disbelief which, had they panned out differently, we probably would have gone on to win. The moment when Benji threw it to Chee Kam and he dropped it on the first, the moment mbye didn’t give it to his winger and he didn’t make it. The moment Farah threw a shocker on halfway and we were under the pump at the end. The moment Farah didn’t cover the inside (he must have been completely gassed) after Mahe ran out of the line and missed the tackle on Bromwich. It was just one of those games. After all is said and done, yeah, we should have won, but that’s footy. We had a real dig and it’s a team game. The boys are really playing like a team and giving it plenty right now. Across the board, well done Tigers. I can live with that loss. I’ll take disappointment over despair any day.

• Mahe ran out of the line and missed the tackle on Bromwich - that hurt the most. These sort of tackles, when you jump out of the line, must be made…

• @Tiger_heart Though, to be fair, he saved a couple of line breaks by jamming players earlier in the game.

• @Tiger_heart said in Win by the Storm:

Mahe ran out of the line and missed the tackle on Bromwich - that hurt the most. These sort of tackles, when you jump out of the line, must be made…

It was a bad miss, reminded me a lot of Kevie except Mahe at least made contact even if he couldnt stop him

• Banned

It’s always the little things that separate the quality teams from the also rans like us.

If the roles were reversed last night, Melbourne would never have lost that game. They would have found a way to win.

We find ways to lose instead. That’s why we finish 9th every season.

• @hybrid_tiger said in Win by the Storm:

It’s always the little things that separate the quality teams from the also rans like us.

If the roles were reversed last night, Melbourne would never have lost that game. They would have found a way to win.

Can I ask hybrid …did you give us a realistic chance of winning last night

• @happy_tiger

• @happy_tiger said in Win by the Storm:

@hybrid_tiger said in Win by the Storm:

I did. We always trouble Melbourne.

• @Cultured_Bogan said in Win by the Storm:

@happy_tiger said in Win by the Storm:

@hybrid_tiger said in Win by the Storm:

I did. We always trouble Melbourne.

I did as well and saw lots of positives

We made a few errors which Melbourne made us pay for big time

If you take in to account we can still bring in 3 players who can improve the squad and we effectively finished with 15 players

Again a supposed experienced footballer ignored the coach didn’t take the 2 on offer and it cost us worst case golden point

I know the difference between 8 and 10 doesn’t seem much …but having that mentality you HAVE to score twice instead of a penalty being a saving grace makes a difference in how you have to attack the situation

• @happy_tiger
    … if it was tied Smith kicks the last goal.

• At least we’re competitive. We got beaten by 2 points by one of the best in the comp. if we play like last night week in and week out we’ll win more than we lose.

• @Tiger_heart I put it towards the refs

• How many times do we see tries scored against us where the tryscorers barely leave the ground to take a bomb and stroll through almost untouched?

• @jadtiger game costing miss, he didnt run out of the line they are not scoring on that play and it was what 4th tackle?

Recent Topics