MBYE

• Im sorry but this bloke just doesn’t cut it.

Crucial errors every game that really cost us. Last night he murdered a try by ignoring a clear overlap, did his Darius Boyd impersonation to let in the match winning try and where the hell was he when the bomb went up for that soft try??

His positioning is dead set awful and costing us, the difference between the fullbacks last night was like chalk and cheese.

And tell me Corey Thompson wouldnt go better, at least he puts his body on the line and gets in position.

Nofa back on the wing, Thompson FB and Mbye 14 and im happy.

• @simonthetiger said in MBYE:

Im sorry but this bloke just doesn’t cut it.

Crucial errors every game that really cost us. Last night he murdered a try by ignoring a clear overlap, did his Darius Boyd impersonation to let in the match winning try and where the hell was he when the bomb went up for that soft try??

His positioning is dead set awful and costing us, the difference between the fullbacks last night was like chalk and cheese.

And tell me Corey Thompson wouldnt go better, at least he puts his body on the line and gets in position.

Nofa back on the wing, Thompson FB and Mbye 14 and im happy.

Have you been watching Nofo in reserves lately? Be careful what you wish for.

• Yes, he’s struggling. But the reality is he’s captain, which means Madge sees him as an integral part of the team. So he won’t be dropped.

• @GNR4LIFE said in MBYE:

Yes, he’s struggling. But the reality is he’s captain, which means Madge sees him as an integral part of the team. So he won’t be dropped.

So he’ll be the 1st picked for the next 3 1/2 years 🤯

• I was disappointed with him last night. When he is on, he is on, but when he’s not he is woeful.

He’s not the player that came over last year.

Agree with OP on the three major clangers last night. All three contributed to the scoreline directly.

• I’m not going to harp on about him. My feelings on him i have made clear. It’s his lack of willingness to get involved in physical contact that i find most disturbing. Two examples last night, the kick through that Thompson dived for IMO was just as easy for Mbye to take yet he didn’t show the urgency Thompson did to get there and secondly, the last try. I understand it’s not always easy if someone puts footwork on you, but i compared him to Darius a couple of weeks ago and to me that attempt had Boyd written all over it.

He’s not a big guy Mbye, but you don’t have to be big to be physical ( just ask Linc Withers)

• Dylan smith if mbye gets injured

• I’m sure neither he nor Madge are happy how his form and injuries have had a negative affect, this year.
    I really think that captaincy is a chore he does not need. He has to concentrate and focus to improve on some serious deficiencies he has in his game.
    Plus I don’t see him as a motivating, barking type of player that is normally demanded from a ©.
    Nothing will change this year but next year Madge may have to make a change.

• Bombing the try in the corner is simply unforgivable - having said that, Masters and Brooks did EXACTLY the same thing - Brooks just so happened to get extremely Lucky and get that ball down.

Is it a problem with Jennings maybe? He seems to be the common thread in all these moments…

• @underdog said in MBYE:

Bombing the try in the corner is simply unforgivable - having said that, Masters and Brooks did EXACTLY the same thing - Brooks just so happened to get extremely Lucky and get that ball down.

Is it a problem with Jennings maybe? He seems to be the common thread in all these moments…

I’m not so sure, as they seemed to have us covered with their sliding defence, with an inside angled runner looking the necessary play all night, as Jennings has shown to have pretty well nothing unless in plenty of space.

Ten games in now, so time to sort out the inconsistenty at the back, with centre and wing also needing attention. There has already been a swapping of a few, but a change, at least one, is overdue.

• @formerguest said in MBYE:

@underdog said in MBYE:

Bombing the try in the corner is simply unforgivable - having said that, Masters and Brooks did EXACTLY the same thing - Brooks just so happened to get extremely Lucky and get that ball down.

I’m not so sure, as they seemed to have us covered with their sliding defence, with an inside angled runner looking the necessary play all night, as Jennings has shown to have pretty well nothing unless in plenty of space.

Ten games in now, so time to sort out the inconsistenty at the back, with centre and wing also needing attention. There has already been a swapping of a few, but a change, at least one, is overdue.

We really only have one centre I think.

• @gallagher maybe, but not much point in the coach keeping Momirovski travelling with the team in the nineteen if he is not going to use him.

We are fast approaching June 30 and hope we are targeting a player that is as comfortable at the back, as he is as a threequarter.

• @formerguest said in MBYE:

@gallagher maybe, but not much point in the coach keeping Momirovski travelling with the team in the nineteen if he is not going to use him.

We are fast approaching June 30 and hope we are targeting a player that is as comfortable at the back, as he is as a threequarter.

James Roberts would come in quite handy right now.

• dont think he bombed that try, he didn’t get it down but they were covered if he passed.

Definitely needs to work on his last line defence, hardly got a hand on chambers

• @momo_amp_medo was thinking similarily myself. Starting to wonder if he is one of those burdened by the captaincy to the point of impacting his play. He certainly seemed to take it on reluctantly by all reports.

Recent Topics