MBYE

• @Geo

Any specific flavour?

• He was fantastic for us in 2018.

Slow start to 2019 but the over reaction from our supporters is embarrassing. No where near our worst player not even in the bottom 15.

• @crazycat said in MBYE:

1 on 1 he will loose and has lost every time I have seen him on the line.

I’m starting to think you don"t actually watch our games.

Look, everyone agrees he isn’t playing as well as last year, but I place him at about average as far as current fullbacks go.

• @Tweed_Tiger

The same goes with brooks… everyone seems to target 1 specific player, every time we lose… whether is be brooks, mbye or mastera goal kicking … the fact is there is no I in team, so if u are going to blame anyone… blame the whole squad…

• @crazycat He’s in his 2nd year playing fullback lol It was well published that he didn’t play it at any point . Also you have a short memory . Mbye was great for both The dogs and us last year. He’s had a knee op. If you knew anything you’d realise That all knee issues can take a while to trust your body again .DWZ is being shipped out to Parra . Is that a coincidence ? Dufty ? You’re kidding ! Watch him play , teams short kick early all the time because he’s notoriously lazy . It’s the reason Mary was shopping him . I’m happy with the fullback situation. If Dylan Smith progresses then Mbye could be a Kurt Gidley type. And that’s not a knock.

• ForumSupporter

Mybe never had an op on his MCL tear…healed naturally…

• @Geo Have you had a major injury before ? I have and it can take years to gain trust in certain things . But your right I just meant he had the MCL . I wasn’t sure if he had minor surgery .

• @crazycat said in MBYE:

but he is nothing special and not a patch on Dufty or DWZ.

A patch on them in terms of attack? Or all around-game?

Both those players are pretty badly out of form at the moment, DWZ especially, he couldn’t catch a cold.

This Mbye thread is like the Brooks thread IMO, some people want more and better, and whilst that’s great and all, you take a quick look around and there isn’t that much more or better going around.

Mbye is a pretty decent footballer, even his ordinary is about average for the whole comp. That leaves a lot of upside. Certainly I’d support replacing Mbye if a truly better player came along, but there’s frankly hardly a fullback in the comp that is everywhere in attack and defence, with no errors, consistently every week. As @Strongee said, there’s Tedesco and RTS then the rest.

• Starting to think he is our kurt gidley…you know what I mean!

• @Strongee said in MBYE:

@Geo Have you had a major injury before ? I have and it can take years to gain trust in certain things . But your right I just meant he had the MCL . I wasn’t sure if he had minor surgery .

At 700k per year, we don’t have years.

• @Furious1 we are paying like 450 for him , the dogs are picking up the rest . If the average NRL wage is 305k . Are you saying he is not worth 145k above median ? Of course he is .
    Here’s another 1. If teddy RTS and Boyd are on over 1mil . are you saying that it’s not good business for a , borderline origin player to be on 450k ? . Or if you allocate 3.2 mil for your spine . (That’s 800k each ) that it’s also not good business to have him on 450k.
    None of you haters are thinking about this logically

• @Strongee Hater? No, i call a spade a spade. 1 or 2 good games in 10 is not good business at any price.

Anyway, i hope i turn out to be way off the mark and you’re proven to be correct as that’s what is in our teams best interest and all i care about.

• Wow…some seriously committed fan boy action going on in here lately. Good luck with that.

• @Strongee said in MBYE:

@Furious1 we are paying like 450 for him , the dogs are picking up the rest . If the average NRL wage is 305k . Are you saying he is not worth 145k above median ? Of course he is .
    Here’s another 1. If teddy RTS and Boyd are on over 1mil . are you saying that it’s not good business for a , borderline origin player to be on 450k ? . Or if you allocate 3.2 mil for your spine . (That’s 800k each ) that it’s also not good business to have him on 450k.
    None of you haters are thinking about this logically

Can we please stop referring to Mbye as a borderline origin player.

• Banned

To have a differing opinion from others gets you branded a “hater”.
    Nobody hates Mbye, just questioning his performance. He is bog average in attack and gets a pass mark for his defence.

I’m sorry to say he is just a slightly better Lolohea.

Recent Topics