4th Spot

• Just looking at the ladder. If Souths win tonight, it will open up a 4 point gap between 3rd and 4th spot, with a number of teams fighting it out for 4th spot, with us being one of them. Could we be a chance of winning the battle?

• If we play like we did against the Storm each week we will win more games than we lose for the rest of the season. Playing against the Roosters and Souths in the next few weeks isn’t going to be easy.

• @Fitzy05 said in 4th Spot:

If we play like we did against the Storm each week we will win more games than we lose for the rest of the season. Playing against the Roosters and Souths in the next few weeks isn’t going to be easy.

Getting to 4th spot would be a massive step. I think that is aiming a bit too high. We could though but with the cattle we have we would have to play really consistent footy and have some guys perform to their best every week. We would have to win games like the one we just lost against the Storm.

I’d love to see it happen.

• I think the comp is pretty even from 4th to 12th. The only teams that I would write off for the 8 are the Titans, Dogs and Panthers. The Cows are half a chance but I don’t think they make it. But teams as low as the Broncos can still make a run for the top 4.

• Kick a goal v Panther and 1 tackle v storm and 4th is ours now. Sadly we are prob 9th end of the week. Need a signing or 2 before June 30 althoigh i think Top 3 plus Sharks are tje top 4. Sharks just need some troops back

• 4th this week or 4th seasons end?

Long way to go till the latter… Former means little unless we stay there

• ForumSupporter

Week at a time…lots of twists and turns to come…

• This team will not get anywhere near 4th position… you have to win the games that they through away on Thurs night…, why do the Storm play finals footy every year well we seen that on Thurs , they win the games that matter !

• Everyone seems to be forgetting Cronulla! Still going very well, despite having a few good players on the sidelines. Once they return, they will have a very strong line up at the back end of the year. They’re my tip for 4th place, perhaps even higher. If we keep playing like we are now, I think we could be in a battle for the 6-8 spots though - hopefully!

• @GNR4LIFE said in 4th Spot:

Just looking at the ladder. If Souths win tonight, it will open up a 4 point gap between 3rd and 4th spot, with a number of teams fighting it out for 4th spot, with us being one of them. Could we be a chance of winning the battle?

No.

• I would be thinking 8th spot just at the moment and anything better is a bonus.
    On paper I see us in with a real chance in all games but the twoSouth clashes. The Chooks game they should be well down on troops due to SOO. Of course we will lose the odd game that we should win, it’s in our DNA.

• Calling it now . We will beat Soufs next week . For whatever reason we will not beat the raiders or roosters . NQ is a given and then we should be ok for the back half of the season . I do want to see Bradley and Smith . And I want Nof to produce his 2017 form .

• @Strongee I hope we win but I don’t see it.
    Souths will have better people up front, i.e. Burgess’s who can break the line and push our defense.
    Farah vs Cook, I totally rate Farah. Our good record vs Storm is a large part due to him. Yet against Cook, Farah won’t be able to stop him.
    Halves, their Reynolds is better then ours.
    Then it’s down to the backs. Our backs I actually think are quite good. Ofcourse Johnson has it over Mbye but we have people who can get over the line. I just don’t think we will have the opportunity.

Against Souths, we will only win if they are complacent. Easts we will only win if they get people taken out for State of origin. That being said man our team is good and we will be going to the finals, who knows what will happen then.

• @Fitzy05 said in 4th Spot:

If we play like we did against the Storm each week we will win more games than we lose for the rest of the season. Playing against the Roosters and Souths in the next few weeks isn’t going to be easy.

We will have to be more consistent than we have been in the past😬

• @Strongee Agree - think we will beat “The Pride of the League” (haha) as well this week.

Their Reynolds is obviously better than ours - ours won’t be playing.

Secret to stopping Cook is two markers - no markers or one marker (which we do on a number of occasions during a game) - shut the gate.

Recent Topics