Speed

• One of the main things we lack in.

our fastest players would be thomo, mbye and brooksie…

but brooksie made a line break against storm and got chased down by vunivalu soooooo…yeah

im not sure about the jersey flegg and CC, but do we have anyone who has a bit of bite to their boot?

• Dylan Smith has decent speed but we’re not lightning quick in Canterbury Cup either.

• @willow I don’t know it might be me, but I feel like when he runs he seems a bit sluggish. No real running technique, maybe that will come with time, Tedesco started off like that a bit I feel and ended up getting better over time.

• Smith would be fastest in ISP, but it’s a very slow squad. Dillon in Flegg is fast,so is Scolari and Cini seems fairly quick too. But essentially we don’t reakky have any fast players, and those we do are small.

• Bevan French ? Has speed to burn and wants out of the eels before June 30 , apparently has been playing well in ISP and has a lot of NRL experience … never been a fav of mine but maybe Madge could turn his career around as OP has eluded to the team needs speed and realistically would not cost the earth probably worth a look.

• @Snake said in Speed:

Bevan French ? Has speed to burn and wants out of the eels before June 30 , apparently has been playing well in ISP and has a lot of NRL experience … never been a fav of mine but maybe Madge could turn his career around as OP has eluded to the team needs speed and realistically would not cost the earth probably worth a look.

Only thing is he’s a midget… We want size AND speed too

• @Snake said in Speed:

Bevan French ? Has speed to burn and wants out of the eels before June 30 , apparently has been playing well in ISP and has a lot of NRL experience … never been a fav of mine but maybe Madge could turn his career around as OP has eluded to the team needs speed and realistically would not cost the earth probably worth a look.

The fact he hasn’t got a look in for first grade and no other club has showed any interest, tells you everything.

• @innsaneink said in Speed:

@Snake said in Speed:

Only thing is he’s a midget… We want size AND speed too

Yes we already have enough midgets. Tall, fast, long striding is what we want - just one will do! Someone to chuck the ball to when we make a break that won’t get run down by second rowers. One player like that would make a world of difference to this team.

• @Spud_Murphy Please feel free to name the players on the non midget list available to come to the club that you have pencilled in .

• @Snake said in Speed:

Bevan French is garbage and nothing more than a reggie. No thanks.

• @Snake said in Speed:

@Spud_Murphy Please feel free to name the players on the non midget list available to come to the club that you have pencilled in .

Dunno mate I’m just a mug league fan… Club had supposed experts doing this job

• @Snake I had a look at the list of wingers allegedly off-contract and it’s the epitome of slim pickings. I suspect if we’re going to have a tall, quick winger, it will be a debutant.

• @Snake said in Speed:

@Spud_Murphy Please feel free to name the players on the non midget list available to come to the club that you have pencilled in .

I haven’t penciled anyone in, I just stated what I thought we need to best improve our roster.

• @TheDaBoss said in Speed:

but brooksie made a line break against storm and got chased down by vunivalu soooooo…yeah

Is there honestly a HB in the comp that Vunivalu wouldn’t run down over 60 metres? The bloke is a monster, long-legged and powerful. Plenty of short-range speed in some HBs going around, but Brooks is all arse, he’s not going to run 100 in 11 seconds.

• Yep, speed, demon speed is what we need.
    Storm, besides having great systems in place, go looking for speed. Koriobete, JAC, Paps to name a few…hey all grabbed from us so it seems we know how to find the speed, we just don’t know how to keep the speed…

(Apologies to Rocky and Seinfeld)

Recent Topics