Wests Tigers Team v Souths Sydney *Official

• ForumSupporter

All the Round 11 team news!
    Author
    Dan Talintyre
    Timestamp
    Tue 21 May 2019, 03:59 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has named his 21-man squad to take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs this Saturday.

Kickoff for the match is at 7:35pm AEST as Wests Tigers look to bounce back from their last-start defeat to the Storm and head in to their Round 12 bye with a win.

Following on from Thursday’s close loss to Melbourne, Maguire has opted for a change in his back five for the first time since Round 1 with Paul Momirovski starting in the centres in place of Mahe Fonua. Momirovski made his club debut in Wests Tigers win over the Sea Eagles to start the year but has primarily featured for the club’s Canterbury Cup side, Western Suburbs Magpies, since that game.

Wests Tigers are otherwise unchanged following their good performance against the Storm and looking to continue their good recent form against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, having won five of the last seven matchups between the two.

With his 228th appearance for Wests Tigers this week, Benji Marshall will pass Chris Lawrence (currently 227) to move to second all-time in matches played for the club, with the Premiership Winner only behind Robbie Farah (currently 266 games).

In total, Marshall has played 294 career matches and is closing in on the elusive 300-game club along with Farah, who has played a total of 292 career games.

1 Moses Mbye
    2 Robert Jennings
    3 Paul Momirovski
    4 Esan Marsters
    5 Corey Thompson

6 Benji Marshall
    7 Luke Brooks

8 Ben Matulino
    9 Robbie Farah
    10 Alex Twal
    11 Ryan Matterson
    12 Chris McQueen
    13 Matt Eisenhuth

14 Jacob Liddle
    15 Thomas Mikaele
    16 Josh Aloiai
    17 Michael Chee-Kam

18 David Nofoaluma
    19 Elijah Taylor
    20 Oliver Clark
    21 Luke Garner

• This is really interesting , seeing that madge dropped mahe for momo…

I think it is the right choice, mahe was good last game but has been a bit off with form a bit…

Momo can kick goals as well 😁😁😁👌

• Keen to see Momo finally get a crack. Mahe doing enough to get him by, but slow in defence, makes positional errors in attack and generally lacks class.

• Will be interesting to see how the backline performs with Jennings on the wing and a better suited centre in Momers.

Mahe tries hard, but obviously Madge wasn’t happy with him last week.

• @Cultured_Bogan Mahe too one dimensional, apart from his strong hit-up offers not much else…Good move IMO,

• Ethan Lowe in the centres this is good for Momirovski
    i think we can win this guys

• Mahe not in the 21, surely he’s injured. A good opportunity for Momo to show us what he’s got.

• I think Liddle will be used late in the game to try and catch out some tired forwards.

• @tigerap I don’t think Momo has much class either tbh. Good in defence, average in attack. He may take the goal kicking duties off Marsters, but other than that he’s just a stop gap centre.

• No surprise to see Mahe given a spell. He’s just not quick enough to match it with anyone out wide, he’s been burnt several times defensively. South’s look beatable to me provided we turn up with the right attitude.

• Not liking the small benches Madge is using now. Earlier on in the season he would continually rotate big bodies off the bench for impact and our forwards won most battles. Now we have Liddle and MCK in there. I think MCK should come out for Clark

• @TigersBusDriver
    Why would we need 5 props? Aloia and mikaele are good props…Twal plays big minutes and if need be the huth can play prop as well. We don’t need a lock on the bench as matterson plays the full 80 and switches to the middle when huth goes off. And MCK come on in the 2nd row…liddle I hope will get game time this week.

• I’d like to see nofo in the centres

• That is a tough call to make on Mahe. He was good apart from that missed tackle. Madge makes a lot of tough calls. Mahe is slow and it’s obvious he is getting caught out a bit but the team has been covering for it. Marsters should be on notice as well.

I like the team.

• @Earl said in Wests Tigers Team v Souths Sydney *Official:

That is a tough call to make on Mahe. He was good apart from that missed tackle. Madge makes a lot of tough calls. Mahe is slow and it’s obvious he is getting caught out a bit but the team has been covering for it. Marsters should be on notice as well.

I like the team.

I don’t think he’s a centre Earl. People say he’s one dimensional but at least he’s got a dimension. Im yet to see Momo’s.

Recent Topics