SOO Selections

• If Nathan Cleary is selected by Fittler as the Blues half, it makes a mockery of the whole representative arena; the notion that if you play your best you will be considered for representative honors. SOO is the pinnacle of NRL, if you are selected, it means you are at the top of your game, it means you are the best player in that position, it means you have outshone your competitors, it means the selection committee noticed and rewarded your efforts in the lead up to selection.

Nathan Cleary has failed on all of those KPI’s to be the NSW half in the 2019 SOO series. So why is he the front runner to be selected?

Could it be because Fittler was and still is a “Penrith boy”?
    Could it be because Greg Alexander, a Penrith Board member is a SOO selector and made an under the table agreement for SSO representation with Cleary when he signed for 5 years?
    Could it be because Gould made Fittler promise to uphold a guarantee in 2018 that if Cleary is selected, Fittler will stick with him in future years regardless of form?

I can tell you all of the above has overridden what should be the ONLY selection criterion used when selecting a representative team.

I know for certain, despite being horribly out of form Cleary WILL be the NSW half this year and will stay there for all 3 games!.

What message will this send to the Blues Fans?, blind Freddy can see Cleary does not deserve to be there.
    What message will this send to Cody Walker, Adam Reynolds, Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses who have outplayed Cleary in the halves by a country mile in 2019?

As a NSW tragic, with Cleary selected, I hope the QLD bash the hell out of Cleary every time he gets the ball and further erode any confidence he has in his game left; as much as it pains me to say this I hope QLD win the series 3-0.

If this happens it should be the last we see Cleary in a Blues jumper; it should be the last we see the bias selectors in Alexander and it should spell the end of Fittler as a credible coach.bolded text

• I saw something the other day…based on stats this year, the backline of Blues would be:

1. Tedesco
    2. Tupou
    3. Mitchell
    4. Morris
    5. Addo-Carr
      And the Halves:
    6. Walker
    7. Cleary

• I’d pick him. Once he’s out of the cess pit at Penrith i think he’ll shine again. Besides, Origin hasn’t been about reward since 1980. It’s about state pride which comes from one thing only and thats winning.

• You must really hate Ivan to write a post like this lol

I agree that Nathan is horribly out of form, but I’m sure in the origin arena he will do his job.

QLD during their domination of origin didn’t care if players were out of form and look where that got them. For years they picked Thurston, Slater, Smith, Cronk, Inglis, Boyd, Myles, Thaiday and Parker no matter what the circumstances were because the coach and selectors had trust in them.

Mitchell Pearce for years was “in form” and when it came to origin, he was absolutely horrible. Jarryd Hayne was picked many times out of form yet he ended up being our best player time and time again.

I think it would be completely unfair to wield the axe on such a quality player such as Nathan.
    Nathan will be the blues 7 for many years to come, and I think we would be wasting this opportunity if he was to be dropped right now. Some players are built for this arena, and I’m pretty confident that Nathan is one of them.

• @tigerap I agree, what more can Walker do to earn a call up, it will be a huge slap in the face for the form player of the NRL to have to watch Cleary play in the halves for the blues, could crush the blokes spirit

• @tigerap all Cleary needs is photos of someone naked with a goat to get picked!

• @mattypicks I would not have chosen the traitor’s son last year and his performances showed the he did not deserve it for mine. No way he deserves another shot, when he cannot convert the effort that his forwards at riff put in to continually march into opposition territory. They still get him there and he cannot convert the effort into points.

• Cleary & Moses in the halves could be a good option

• @Harvey said in SOO Selections:

Cleary & Moses in the halves could be a good option

For Queensland?

• @Spud_Murphy said in SOO Selections:

@Harvey said in SOO Selections:

For Queensland?

Residents

• Cleary just fell on a deflected ball and scored so I think he will now get picked 😜

• @gallagher said in SOO Selections:

@Spud_Murphy said in SOO Selections:

@Harvey said in SOO Selections:

For Queensland?

Residents

Flegg

• Jarryd Hayne for Fullback in SOO Game 2 & 3
    👌 😅

• @Tweed_Tiger Haha would be funnier if it wasn’t true. Fittler is rubbing his hands together like “Yessss! That’s all we needed to see. Locked in…”

• @Tweed_Tiger said in SOO Selections:

Cleary just fell on a deflected ball and scored so I think he will now get picked 😜

Got MOM but he really wasn’t. All some halves have to do is put on one try assist during the whole game and they get MOM. Never mind the forwards busting their guts and making big metres for the full eighty.

Recent Topics