State of Origin (NSW)- The halves

Brad Fittler has had “sleepless nights” as to whom he will pick as the NSW Blues Halves in the 2019 State of Origin series. The temptation to pick last years pairing, Maloney and Cleary, has hit a low with the two playing below-average footy.
Cody Walker is the NRL’s highest try-scorer this year, Mitchell Pearce has been in superb form in the past month, Adam Reynolds has hit his 2014 form again and Keary is the fan-favourite to take out one of the halves spots,
So, the question to you guys, who would you pick as the NSW Blues Halves for the 2019 series?

last edited by Matto

I’d have Luke Keary at 7 and Cody Walker at 6.

I understand the talk of Adam Reynolds and Keary, but Reynolds would be targeted in defense.

I’d be happy with Pearce and Keary.

Cleary doesn’t deserve it and Walker certainly does (both form based).
Reward form and forget this incumbent BS. That only works with proven players and I don’t think Cleary has ever proven anything, except for a cool head (he’s good under pressure also LOL)

Keary and Reynolds would be my choice

@happy_tiger said in State of Origin (NSW)- The halves:

Keary and Reynolds would be my choice

Thought you’d have gone with Josh Reynolds and Brooksie !

You going soft ?

@Geo said in State of Origin (NSW)- The halves:

Brooks n J Rey for me

J Rey …lol

Pearce and Keary for me.

You need a good defender in there somewhere. If you drop Cleary and Maloney.

Reynolds and Walker don’t cut it in defence.

@Sixty_Nine_69 said in State of Origin (NSW)- The halves:

So, the question to you guys, who would you pick as the NSW Blues Halves for the 2019 series?

Brooks and Walker.

Keary has to be 5/8 on form and keeps the roosters right egde intact. Cleary or Reynolds for halfback pretty much offer the same things. I’d stick with Cleary as I think he will be our long term half.

If you are picking on form it is Keary and Walker, if you are not picking on form, why the hell not

Keary and Walker for me. Roger Ramjet would need to be Herculean tonight to play himself into the side with Keary me thinks.

@851 said in State of Origin (NSW)- The halves:

If you are picking on form it is Keary and Walker, if you are not picking on form, why the hell not

I actually don’t think Cleary is going that bad. Walker and Keary are both going better but I see them both as 5/8s.

@gallagher said in State of Origin (NSW)- The halves:

@851 said in State of Origin (NSW)- The halves:

I actually don’t think Cleary is going that bad. Walker and Keary are both going better but I see them both as 5/8s.

And that will be there get out when they don’t name Walker, but for me Keary is just as adept at 7, he basically played 2 months of 7 for easts last year, and was a pseudo 7 in the GF, where he got the Clive Churchill medal

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.