Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future

• Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire believes Luke Brooks is one player that will be in the Origin arena in the future
    https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/05/23/maguire-spruiks-brooks-origin-future/

• @Black-n-Orange a couple in front of him may have fallen injured . I still think Filter will pick Cleary in front of Brooks

• @Fitzy05 said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

@Black-n-Orange a couple in front of him may have fallen injured . I still think Filter will pick Cleary in front of Brooks

I’m fairly certain that Fittler would’ve chosen Cleary before any of the others were injured in any case - at least for game 1 anyway.

• Cleary and Maloney will stay in the halves now

Brooks lacks the confidence in himself to play at SOO

I know he got lots of votes in the 3,2 ,1 BUT sorry I still get angry because he continues to shelve his greatest asset …his running game

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

Cleary and Maloney will stay in the halves now

I know he got lots of votes in the 3,2 ,1 BUT sorry I still get angry because he continues to shelve his greatest asset …his running game

I know 158 running metres last night well below par for him…☹

• @happy_tiger said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

When you are one of two backs with pace, you are going to get extra attention. Happy, suggest you look at the slow backs we have and that is the No1 issue

• @Geo said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

I know 158 running metres last night well below par for him…☹

Yeah but 130 of those metres lacked any intent

He either attacks the line at speed or he may not as well bother

We have bigger badder runners who can make more post contact metres,get faster play the balls and create even a better opportunity for Brooks to run

I don’t know if I will get to watch the replay anytime soon , but twice he had a chance close to the line to turn Mikaele off his inside hip and change the angle of attack close to the line

If anyone can score in that situation of our forwards bar Matterson it’s Mikaele

I still don’t think he is attempting to take games by the scruff on the neck and shake the living hell of them like a good half will

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

When you are one of two backs with pace, you are going to get extra attention. Happy, suggest you look at the slow backs we have and that is the No1 issue

Paws I agree to an extent…but I find it strange that when we play weaker sides he will take the line on with pure speed

Every time we play a side like Melbourne , roosters , souths or Sharks he doesn’t

Go back and watching it was if you don’t believe me

I reckon once last night he got close to full

speed , 2nd half it was

When Liddle runs it is the ideal time for Brooks to follow up next tackle when you have a team on the back foot

Main reason when you are on the back foot …you have to at some stage plant to turn around and he can tear the opposition apart in that situation

• @happy_tiger Im not going against your opinion Hap,but gee Pierce has turned in some fantastic games for the Knights in the last few weeks and I bet Fittler is really looking at him at least for game 1…only my opinion atm…

• @TrueTiger said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

@happy_tiger Im not going against your opinion Hap,but gee Pierce has turned in some fantastic games for the Knights in the last few weeks and I bet Fittler is really looking at him at least for game 1…only my opinion atm…

Totally agree with you on Pearce but i guess he reminds me of many English Test cricketers who got picked over and over again who dealt with Warne , McGrath etc …you wonder if mentally they can ever get past the continual series losses

• ForumSupporter

@pawsandclaws1 said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

Paws I agree to an extent…but I find it strange that when we play weaker sides he will take the line on with pure speed

Every time we play a side like Melbourne , roosters , souths or Sharks he doesn’t

speed , 2nd half it was

When Liddle runs it is the ideal time for Brooks to follow up next tackle when you have a team on the back foot

Main reason when you are on the back foot …you have to at some stage plant to turn around and he can tear the opposition apart in that situation

Rubbish…the end

• @Geo said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

speed , 2nd half it was

Rubbish…the end

Good …so you should be able to highlight when Brooks was hitting the line at full speed

And geo your lust for Brooks is admirable …but it blinds you as well

• @happy_tiger said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

@Geo said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

speed , 2nd half it was

Rubbish…the end

Good …so you should be able to highlight when Brooks was hitting the line at full speed

Stats don’t tell the true picture…
    I was at the game and I wasn’t sure if Brooks was even playing in the first half .
    Although I was intoxicated 😵
    Momirovski =Jordan Rankin

• @hobbo1 said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

Momirovski =Jordan Rankin

This is good.
    We were down 14-0 in the opening 20. Then we hit back. We stayed in the contest and lost to a better side. Seriously Cook vs Farah (and I like Farah), Cook is diabolical in the way he changes the Hooker role and if not contained will run rampant. The Souths pack flaws ours, we got a break with Reynolds being injured but we wern’t able to close the deal.

We did well guys. We played a better side and still were competitive. There is hope.

• ForumSupporter

@Geo said in Maguire spruiks Brooks' Origin future:

speed , 2nd half it was

Rubbish…the end

Yes when he used his speed to move from the left to the right to link with Marshall who put on a sublime pass for Thomo to score our best TRY of the year was totally ineffective…

I’ll listen to Brandy who had high praise for Luke in a losing side over you…

Recent Topics