Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop

https://www.zerotackle.com/report-rival-club-looking-to-acquire-roosters-prop-44479/

The big Kiwi could be headed to Penrith.

The Penrith Panthers are interested in lure Rooster prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, according to a report by nine.com.au. It is understood that Penrith are keen to add some “mongrel” and leadership to their side and will ask the Panthers grant the 30-year old a release.

Waerea-Hargreaves still has a year to run on his current deal, but Sydney could look to offload him earlier to bring in some younger talent. The New Zealand international was hit with a two-match ban for a shot on Newcastle’s Kalyn Ponga last week.

And it is that sort of aggression that Panthers officials believe the side is lacking and has cost them games this season. Waerea-Hargreaves played a key role in the Roosters’ premiership triumph last season.

@Tiger_Fan18 said in Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop:

https://www.zerotackle.com/report-rival-club-looking-to-acquire-roosters-prop-44479/

The big Kiwi could be headed to Penrith.

The Penrith Panthers are interested in lure Rooster prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, according to a report by nine.com.au. It is understood that Penrith are keen to add some “mongrel” and leadership to their side and will ask the Panthers grant the 30-year old a release.

Waerea-Hargreaves still has a year to run on his current deal, but Sydney could look to offload him earlier to bring in some younger talent. The New Zealand international was hit with a two-match ban for a shot on Newcastle’s Kalyn Ponga last week.

And it is that sort of aggression that Panthers officials believe the side is lacking and has cost them games this season. Waerea-Hargreaves played a key role in the Roosters’ premiership triumph last season.

Dont know about JWH but we will happily tale Taukiahou off their hands

What is it with Cleary and overpaid, low minutes, low metres, well past their best Kiwi props? Adam Blair should get his agent on the phone right away.

Packer fits the bill, they can take him.

cough Packer cough

Packer for Kikau or maybe Latrell 🙂

JWH is that bloke who can really make a difference in key matches. Across a whole season I think his form waxes and wanes, but he’s great to take out for key clashes.

Problem for Tigers is getting to play those key matches with any regularity. So I would say someone like JWH would not be a great fit for our money, not to mention his age and career progress vs cost, but also not the worst option either.

@2041 said in Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop:

What is it with Cleary and overpaid, low minutes, low metres, well past their best Kiwi props? Adam Blair should get his agent on the phone right away.

JWH is averaging 130 metres from 12 hit ups per game over an average of 53 minutes. Excellent prop stats. He’s still delivering quality output…

@Nelson said in Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop:

JWH is averaging 130 metres from 12 hit ups per game over an average of 53 minutes. Excellent prop stats. He’s still delivering quality output…

I have always rated this guy. One of the best props still going around. Would have loved to see him here a couple of years back. He would still be good value on a 2 year deal.

I would swap JWH for Matulino, Packer and Rochow.

@Nelson said in Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop:

Big woop, Packer averages 37 metres from 6 hit ups.;)

last edited by TIGER

Would be keen on JWH even at this stage of his career. Always liked forwards that have a bit mongrel in them.

Roosters will be looking at another premiership this year. No way will they release him before July.

@Masterton said in Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop:

Roosters will be looking at another premiership this year. No way will they release him before July.

Roosters can window shop…

@InBenjiWeTrust said in Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop:

I love these comments. I’d take all the bad contracts off our books, let some other club pay them and in return take a good player. WHY HAS NO-ONE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE?
Personally I’d send Reynolds to England and use the money saved to sign Sonny Bill Williams, swap Packer for Taumololo, Rochow for Ponga (Rochow was at Newcastle, they must want him back), McQueen for Addo-Carr and Jennings for Jake Trbojevic.

@InBenjiWeTrust said in Report: Rival club looking to acquire Roosters prop:

I love these comments. I’d take all the bad contracts off our books, let some other club pay them and in return take a good player. WHY HAS NO-ONE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE?
Personally I’d send Reynolds to England and use the money saved to sign Sonny Bill Williams, swap Packer for Taumololo, Rochow for Ponga (Rochow was at Newcastle, they must want him back), McQueen for Addo-Carr and Jennings for Jake Trbojevic.

I think you’re making a good case for taking over recruitment from @Geo

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.