West Tigers to Slash 4 Test Stars

Can’t get rid of all four that’s 4 sure…tbh I’m a big fan of McQueen and you can’t rock ET’s passion and heart…yeas all 4 are past their,prime and are quite old…but who r we going to replace them with? Chee kam mikaele I don’t think so

I really don’t see the need to move Matulino…trying to move that many is going to be a huge drain on morale.

Pretty sure we already have a signings and rumours thread…

Not a bad move by Maguire.

Mats and Packer are on big coin for what they bring and tbh, we are getting more value out of Twal and Mikaele at less than half the price.

For experienced forwards, they aren’t pulling their weight for us.

If Maguire can move:

1. Packer
  2. Matulino
  3. Reynolds

That’s around $2 million right there. Surely we can replace the value these guys bring to the club with those bucks?

You don’t try to free that much space unless you have a plan and I reckon Madge could have some pleasant surprises for us either pre-June 30 or at seasons end.

last edited by weststigers

Fine to move them on if Madge wants something different in the pack … but who we replace them with is the important part. Hopefully he already has some BETTER replacements in the pipeline. Nobody comes to mind though.

Hoooorrrraaaaayyyyy! - We have a new Big 4 to argue about.

Moving Reynolds on is fraught with danger without an able replacement. Unless Mbye is destined for the halves which I am not thrilled about particularly.

Those dynamic front rowers are a dime a dozen

@weststigers said in West Tigers to Slash 4 Test Stars:

Mats and Packer are on big coin for what they bring and tbh, we are getting more value out of Twal and Mikaele at less than half the price.

If Maguire can move:

1. Packer
  2. Matulino
  3. Reynolds

That’s around $2 million right there. Surely we can replace the value these guys bring to the club with those bucks?

You don’t try to free that much space unless you have a plan and I reckon Madge could have some pleasant surprises for us either pre-June 30 or at seasons end.

We’re not freeing that space though - they’re all still under contract. If we move them on we lose most of the money with them… Unless it’s a direct swap, but they’re not the greatest bargaining chips! Either way it isn’t a good situation.

@Sco77y said in West Tigers to Slash 4 Test Stars:

@weststigers said in West Tigers to Slash 4 Test Stars:

If Maguire can move:

1. Packer
  2. Matulino
  3. Reynolds

We’re not freeing that space though - they’re all still under contract. If we move them on we lose most of the money with them… Unless it’s a direct swap, but they’re not the greatest bargaining chips! Either way it isn’t a good situation.

I can’t knock McQueen since he has been back …but he does lack some impact

If we got one experienced prop then I’m fine with losing Packerlino

Reynolds see above …if we get someone better than him with some experience I can live with that

@Sco77y I guess it depends on what other clubs offer. Reynolds might be tough to move on for full freight, but the others are a possibility.

Well, i’m sure i’m not the only one that thinks this, but, Packer can go.
Et on the other hand…nup…keep him…very handy back-up

How come Moley forgot J Rey and Nofoaluma…

P.S. …it’s aso better if people copy ad paste the actual article…then you don’t have to waste a click on trash websites…

The Mole: Wests Tigers to slash four Test stars in Michael Maguire roster clean-out
By The Mole
7 hours ago

Michael Maguire is beginning a clean-out of the Wests Tigers, with international forwards Ben Matulino, Chris McQueen, Russell Packer and Elijah Taylor all being shopped around for next season.

Maguire took on the coaching job at the Tigers late this season and had little say over the club’s roster.

The Tigers have won just five of their 11 games and Maguire wants to make changes to strengthen the pack for 2020.

Matulino, McQueen and Taylor have been offered to English clubs, while Packer can’t make the Tigers’ top side and may even move before June 30.

Maguire is on the lookout for more dynamic forwards for next season and if he can offload the quartet of big names, will have money to spend within the salary cap.

last edited by Geo

@Geo said in West Tigers to Slash 4 Test Stars:

How come Moley forgot J Rey and Nofoaluma…

P.S. …it’s aso better if people copy ad paste the actual article…then you don’t have to waste a click on trash websites…

The Mole: Wests Tigers to slash four Test stars in Michael Maguire roster clean-out
By The Mole
7 hours ago

Michael Maguire is beginning a clean-out of the Wests Tigers, with international forwards Ben Matulino, Chris McQueen, Russell Packer and Elijah Taylor all being shopped around for next season.

Maguire took on the coaching job at the Tigers late this season and had little say over the club’s roster.

The Tigers have won just five of their 11 games and Maguire wants to make changes to strengthen the pack for 2020.

Matulino, McQueen and Taylor have been offered to English clubs, while Packer can’t make the Tigers’ top side and may even move before June 30.

Maguire is on the lookout for more dynamic forwards for next season and if he can offload the quartet of big names, will have money to spend within the salary cap.

OK Geo I understand your getting soooo confused

So this is what is happening …everyone is gone next year bar Thommo ,Matto ,Benji and Robbie

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme