Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options

Reminds me a bit of Brandon Smith

@Snake said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@Dan_Blanco if that is the case a bit of a win win and the hooking roll will be secure for quite a few years.

Pieces seem to b falling in place.

Sheenius would be ideal. With the BOF handling the big end of town, Pascoe running the finances and Madge running the team. Sheens experience is huge and as long as he doesn’t take over team selection and put front towers on the wing I’m sweet.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

Some of you are hard markers. I greatly enjoyed the style of footy played by the WTs under Sheens. It would be great for Tim Sheens to return. His eye for talent was pretty good. Remember the breakaway he recruited from Manly rugby seconds to become one of our great WTs players? Chris Lawrence, Benji, Robbie and the Rhino to name a few.

Tim Sheens problem was he thought he was bigger then the club… And he ain’t no Wayne Bennett.

last edited by Tigerlily

@Dan_Blanco Cheers mate… Thought he was in the QLD side… Makes sense now and by the sound of it he is a great signing.

I’m hearing DWZ to be announced within 48 hours.

Until WestsTigers send out an official announcement I don’t believe it unfortunately.

@Masterton first I have heard about it 😉

@Tweed_Tiger said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@Masterton first I have heard about it 😉

I can’t reveal my source, but you would be very impressed if I told you!

Who was in charge of our cap when Sheens was coaching?

I thought it was him, and saw how well that ended.

Jesus, Why is there constant bypassing of Liddle in these discussions, all I can think is he has already signed elsewhere,

last edited by Swordy

@Swordy said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

Jesus, Why is there constant bypassing of Liddle in these discussions, all I can think is he has already signed elsewhere,

This kid is 17, and has a similar reputation to what liddle had at the same age.
He’d likely be a year or two away from first grade coming to us as a development player. We still need a first choice hooker for next season and liddle could be it. If he kicks on then this kid goes somewhere else

We need two hookers first and foremost. With Farah likely to retire, I’d be keeping Liddle. I like the look of this new kid, he’s strong, has great leg drive and looks good on his feet. He’s 17 though and won’t be ready for FG just yet - he’s a couple of years away at least and needs to adapt to fulltime training. Unless we have an established 9 from another club to announce, we’d be mad not to re-sign Liddle.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.