Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options

@hsvjones said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@Tiger_Bond I have been checking this Jake guy out but seems the hooker for Wynnum is Mitchell Cronin ? Does he play for them as I would assume if he is playing SOO he would be a starter.

Maybe in FOGS Cup

Our version of RMC

This might sound left field, but wouldn’t mind giving the kid a go at 13, at some stage down the line. Feel like he suits the new meta of locks nowadays. Similar to Robson in a way but with still a bit of growing in him being only 17yrs of age.

@TYGA said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@Snake said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

With this young hooker coming on board where does this leave Liddle? And his contract extension or not !

When Farah retires we don’t have a single first grade hooker on the books. Liddle will be signed and likely a veteran hooker. This signing has no impact until the kid is ready. He looks like an absolute gun.

Yes … and? What has that got to do with this signing?
For Christ sake people… take a breath before criticising everything that moves.

@happy_tiger said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@hsvjones said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@Tiger_Bond I have been checking this Jake guy out but seems the hooker for Wynnum is Mitchell Cronin ? Does he play for them as I would assume if he is playing SOO he would be a starter.

Maybe in FOGS Cup

Our version of RMC

Actually might be mal meanings cup which is under 18 state league

Yep …Junior development ticks another box…Well done Wests Tigers… Welcome Jake…

Good Luck kid…

Farah’s replacement is a bit of a stretch…makes a good headline though…Under the Donkey’s guard is always a good thing…they don’t lose too many

@Geo said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

Good Luck kid…

Farah’s replacement is a bit of a stretch…makes a good headline though…Under the Donkey’s guard is always a good thing…they don’t lose too many

He is a Toowoomba boy ( St Mary’s) but his little half back mate also from Toowoomba is getting massive wraps …
Think he trained against SOO squad last year from memory and everyone’s mind was blown …

Try and see if I can find his name …did mention him when Deardens name first came up

@TYGA You have it the wrong way round sheens puts little blokes at prop not big blokes on the wing

Good Luck kid…

He is a Toowoomba boy ( St Mary’s) but his little half back mate also from Toowoomba is getting massive wraps …
Think he trained against SOO squad last year from memory and everyone’s mind was blown …

Try and see if I can find his name …did mention him when Deardens name first came up

Corey Paix??

@jadtiger said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@TYGA You have it the wrong way round sheens puts little blokes at prop not big blokes on the wing

He did both I can remember Sitaleki Akouala on the wing.

That was Potter.

@GNR4LIFE said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

That was Potter.

Geez I have no memory.

@bathursttiger said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

Good Luck kid…

Corey Paix??

No … I will have to some searching

Good Luck kid…

Donkeys are hardly a powerhouse these days. Seibold getting found out too, premiership winning coach chasing your signature.

Hopefully the boy has made a smart move and it pays off for both him and the club.

Hope this Jake kid turns out to be a rippa. At 17/18 yo he has a fair way to go before he’ll make first grade.

As everyone here is saying, we can’t rely on Liddle alone next season.

I think Farah will play on next year. If Reynolds is moved on then I’d be willing to bet big bucks on it.
Remember he’d be cheaper than any other experienced hooker.
We are already seeing Liddle getting more game time and I expect that to continue this year.
I think Farah will be used in rotation with Liddle in 2020, with Liddle being the main hooker.
Assuming Reynolds stays, then I think he might have to play hooker with Liddle.

Bradley, Talau, Madden, Cini… now Simpkin. No guarantee that these signings all work out, but obviously the recruitment folks are targeting the top-tier of next-generation talent and you can’t fault them for that.

Particularly sweet to take a bloke out of the Broncos development path, seeing as Broncos just snack on all QLD pathways anyway, despite allegiances to other clubs (e.g. Keebra). Double particular sweet because McCullough does not have infinite time and is not a top-flight hooker, and you’ve basically poached their emerging replacement proposition for your own needs.

In saying that I know nothing else about this kid and never heard of him before, so in Tigers we trust.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.