Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options

• Banned

@supercoach yessir?

• Banned

Have I missed a trick?

• @Danny-Blanco I liked what I saw from him. Very busy, 1000 tackles, looked good at dummy half. Has speed and solid build.
    Yep a tick from me!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• @851 I’m being told for next year

• @Harvey said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@jirskyr said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

Bradley, Talau, Madden, Cini… now Simpkin. No guarantee that these signings all work out, but obviously the recruitment folks are targeting the top-tier of next-generation talent and you can’t fault them for that.

Particularly sweet to take a bloke out of the Broncos development path, seeing as Broncos just snack on all QLD pathways anyway, despite allegiances to other clubs (e.g. Keebra). Double particular sweet because McCullough does not have infinite time and is not a top-flight hooker, and you’ve basically poached their emerging replacement proposition for your own needs.

In saying that I know nothing else about this kid and never heard of him before, so in Tigers we trust.

They can build experience and their value with us before signing with Broncos, Roosters, Melbourne or another cap cheating club.

I would argue that’s less likely? Don’t have stats on it, but kids who swap clubs usually do so for a particular reason, otherwise they would have stayed where they were. So I think you are more at risk of losing your real original juniors than the kids you signed with intent to play in the 20s.

• Let’s see how good this kid is at 25 after a few shoulder and knee reconstructions then I’ll make judgement on whether he’s a gun 9.

Fair dinkum he’s 17 and they’re talking as if he’s going replace Farah. Ha haaaaa there’s a few in front of him yet.

• It’s a bit early to be predicting greatness but he does have talent. You know of course the Broncos will try to convince him he is suffering homesickness if he does realise his potential.

• If we’re looking for someone in the football department, I wouldn’t be opposed to us having a look at Hook Griffin in a development role. Seemed to do a pretty good job developing the pathways out at Penrith. Give him Balmain and Wests Juniors and let him get it pumping. Let Maguire run the first grade squad and cap as I don’t think he needs a manager.

I think the Sheens reference is just coincidental. Sheens and Egan quit at the same time. 2 + 2 is 4 - 1 thats 3 quick maths, the media are good at that sort of thing.

• @Fraze23 said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

If we’re looking for someone in the football department, I wouldn’t be opposed to us having a look at Hook Griffin in a development role. Seemed to do a pretty good job developing the pathways out at Penrith. Give him Balmain and Wests Juniors and let him get it pumping. Let Maguire run the first grade squad and cap as I don’t think he needs a manager.

I think the Sheens reference is just coincidental. Sheens and Egan quit at the same time. 2 + 2 is 4 - 1 thats 3 quick maths, the media are good at that sort of thing.

I totally endorse the comments about Griffin developing the pathways for the juniors.Balmains havent been to bad but the Magpies have been a disaster for years despite their much larger numbers to pick from.As a club we need to get this area right for our future

• @TIGER said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

Let’s see how good this kid is at 25 after a few shoulder and knee reconstructions then I’ll make judgement on whether he’s a gun 9.

Fair dinkum he’s 17 and they’re talking as if he’s going replace Farah. Ha haaaaa there’s a few in front of him yet.

Yeah. I liked this because all through school we had a halfback who was always going to be an all black. Only made it to super rugby and a professional career in France. Moral of the story is talent only takes you so far. So many other factors. At 17 it’s hit and miss. That’s why some teams only by proven players and others take a punt

• An astute signing by the club as hooker depth at the club is at a dire low.

Jake should have been the starting hooker for QLD U18 side in 2018 but was left out by the ‘Broncos’ appointed dud coach.

He should relish a new environment, and let’s hope that Farah can help out as a mentor.

• @Masterton said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@Tweed_Tiger said in Tigers sign Farah replacement as Sheens eyes his options:

@Masterton first I have heard about it 😉

I can’t reveal my source, but you would be very impressed if I told you!

Hmmm nah not impressed…

• have seen some highlights and watched 2 games with him involved now and i have to say he looks very good. He is a big body with alot of pace. Granted he is against kids his own age but i think he will impress. Doesnt look as under developed as liddle did early in his career. True test is if he gets some cc games next year against men. Astute signing imo as we dont appear to have the junior talent coming through that we used too.

• For the life of me, I don’t know why we didn’t go for Segeyaro.

Recent Topics