What a poorly coached team

• My own opinion is what the coach turned out tonight was a blight on himself , watching this team with the ball was an embarrassment …they had 2 weeks to prepare for this match and this is what is dished up ! This is a real worry moving forward if this is what the coach wants to showcase !

• He got the preparation wrong for this one but the players are just terrible.

Half the team I honestly don;t think start at any other club in the nrl

• @Snake said in What a poorly coached team:

My own opinion is what the coach turned out tonight was a blight on himself , watching this team with the ball was an embarrassment …they had 2 weeks to prepare for this match and this is what is dished up ! This is a real worry moving forward if this is what the coach wants to showcase !

They looked like they had no idea. Someone should ask Macguire his plans moving forward.

Thompson showed he is a fill in fullback at best. Mbye looked like he had no idea what he was supposed to be doing.

Lawrence needed a couple of reserve grade games.

Completely disjointed and disinterested performance

• No matter how much you polish a …

• wasnt well coached but also a bunch of blokes who we all know arent NRL top talent so will struggle most weeks but agree coaching was poor this week which is the 2nd time ive thought that and the other one was at bankwest as well.

With our attack we also had the probem of injuries tonight - because Mahe went off twice we had this really akward movement of 1 going off but 4 players swapping positions in a bacjline that already had lots of changes

• @Snake

Two weeks to prepare? Well, you would think so given it was a must win game and we’d come off a couple of big losses…

But they were given a week off. The key spine player number 9 was in Spain…!

Only us…

Two weeks to prepare and we come out completely disorganised and flat.

• @boonboon As much as I dislike Cleary he had this same bunch of guys playing a good brand of footy and I challenge anyone to to disagree !

@boonboon As much as I dislike Cleary he had this same bunch of guys playing a good brand of footy and I challenge anyone to to disagree !

Not much difference. Didn’t we lose 7 in a row or something this time last year?

• More because they are playing under a coach they wanted to play under, he brought them over here, and they came to play under him. Madge clearly sees this squad doesn’t have what it takes to make it to the finals, and being the complacent bunch they are who prefer to take the easy way out, aren’t satisfied. That’s my reasoning.

• @Madge said in What a poorly coached team:

More because they are playing under a coach they wanted to play under, he brought them over here, and they came to play under him. Madge clearly sees this squad doesn’t have what it takes to make it to the finals, and being the complacent bunch they are who prefer to take the easy way out, aren’t satisfied. That’s my reasoning.

I know people think I’m probably joking but many of our best performances have come when we have had 5 or 6 day turnarounds this season

If I didn’t know better …I’d have thought Madge had been reading comments about Mbye on various Forums

@boonboon As much as I dislike Cleary he had this same bunch of guys playing a good brand of footy and I challenge anyone to to disagree !

Having experience both coaches, we know against the top side we are found out with lack of pace, size and aggression. Also we need to be a bit smarter as the Raiders were tonight in those conditions. It is obvious there is no real incentive to throw the ball wide because our wingers are one dimensional, All about hitups, now pace.

Cleary got them all super fit and ready for the first four rounds last year, when other teams were slightly off the pace. A few close wins, that could have gone either way.

After round 5 we had THE worst record in the comp. Long losing streak and lost by cricket scores in must win games.

And this is Cleary’s roster.

It is not Madge’s fault.

• @happy_tiger Long turnarounds kill us… I can’t remember the last time we played well after a break. For most teams it’s a positive, a freshen up. Opposite for us, of course!

• @ElleryHanley we did finish 9th with Cleary it will be interesting where we finish this year …

• Mbye didn’t know what he was doing because he played 3 different positions switching multiple times! Imo he is not a centre nor fullback…he a half day in day out…whilst bengji is here let him fill wherever we need him…but come next year he better be wearing a 6…and Thompson is not a first grade fullback plain and simple…I love both fonua and Thompson but they aren’t that great sadly.

Recent Topics