Imagine we had a good team

• It’s been a long, long time. What I’d give to follow a team like the Raiders who are fairly well coached, tough and in nearly every game. Imagine that! It shouldn’t be that hard to have a team like that for a few years of a decade.

What would your imaginary good team be like? Mine would most likely copy Souths. That is a brutal forward pack, something we’ve never ever had.

• pretty much every sporting team /club that is/has been successful out there in any of the codes - Rugby, NFL, soccer, AFL etc has a few things in common that i wish our club had:

Their success is built on a powerful defense

they have a team who have players who are INITMIDATING, whether that be through physical size, energy, aura, reputation.

No player is carried, every member of that team knows their job, does their job, and if not, they are accountable.

I feel like we miss all of that. traits like that dont just land on your lap however and i know this. they are made and ingrained…i have no idea if we as a club will ever understand this though…i feel Madge does. I dont feel the current players do.

• I’ve always wondered what it must be like for a storm or easts supporter…you are expecting to go deep in to the semis. You Will most likely do that after finishing top four, I wonder if this time of year gets a bit mundane as you wait for the big games you know are coming up. Most years will be like this. I must find one and ask them as I feel we are a long way from finding out ourselves

• @kiwitiger A good family friend is a Broncos supporter. He simply expects a win each week and can’t fathom why I would follow Wests Tigers. He behaves as if it’s common sense to follow a ‘winning’ team and would be stupid to do otherwise. Hmmmmm

• @NT_Tiger said in Imagine we had a good team:

@kiwitiger A good family friend is a Broncos supporter. He simply expects a win each week and can’t fathom why I would follow Wests Tigers. He behaves as if it’s common sense to follow a ‘winning’ team and would be stupid to do otherwise. Hmmmmm

He would’ve been in panic mode earlier in the season I imagine 😂 But of course they are coming through now and will be there at the end, once again. Sadly it’s something we can only imagine if we fantasise hard enough.

• Imagine 17 Ryan Matterson’s. No matter how bad we play, he shows class every week. Our Best Buy since Ellis.

• Defend like Qld did in the 2nd half of origin & attack like we did in the first 20mins v Penrith a few weeks back.

Every week.

• @bythebeardofzeus said in Imagine we had a good team:

Defend like Qld did in the 2nd half of origin & attack like we did in the first 20mins v Penrith a few weeks back.

Every week.

Until every person at this club is accountable and can be made accountable nothing will change

• We need to buy a couple of players but the answers are in the lower grades. Olvier Clark must come in straight away. As I said yesterday, the club needs to work hard to get these young players ready and into the NRL.

There had been a steady decline in the recruitment and retention of the best junior talent. This has been addressed in the last two years with Smith, McIntyre, Seyfarth, Talau, Bradley, Cini, Madden and Dillon all signing. We need a continuation of the recruitment of the best junior rep talent and an aggressive retention policy to make sure they stay. I give Dave Warwick credit for this turnaround.

Years ago it was clear Korobeite was the winger we needed to keep. A strong and very fast winger will always out perform a strong and slow winger. Why could our club not see thatt? Why did JAC walk? Why Pappenhuyzen? We always produce good young players and we need to play to our strength. Buying past it big names doesn’t work for us.

• It must be so cruel being a Wests Tigers supporter with young kids. Those kids deserve so much better.

• Madge has to shell the roster to create cap space to improve this team. We are an average team up against the cap. How this happened is beyond me. We have obviously overpaid players to become mediocre and bring in young players over time.

If Madge can get rid of Packer, Matulino, Mbye, McQueen, Reynolds, Nofa. Marshall, Farah will retire. Fonua, Rochow etc not signed.

It’s a long shot as I can’t see us not paying salaries to make this happen.

Bring in players ie: Simpkin, DWZ, Kurt Capewell, George Burgess, Jai Field, Tetevano, Rapana,D Walker.A team may take shape that can make the finals.

1. DWZ
    2. Rapana
    3. D Walker
    4. Martsers
    5. Thompson/Jennings
    6. Field
    7. Brooks
    8. Burgess
    9. Simpkin
    10. Twal
    11. Capewell
    12. Matterson
    13. Aloai
    14. Lawrence
    15. Tetevano
    16. Mikalele
    17. MCK

• My dream team would definitely have Packerlino as starting props.

It’s a no brainer, I mean who else can make 37m a game

• @cqtiger said in Imagine we had a good team:

It must be so cruel being a Wests Tigers supporter with young kids. Those kids deserve so much better.

My young bloke is only 14 but he looks 40.
    At least at this age they know what’s what …
    It was harder when they were little and you’d have to keep icing over a turd each week …

• @hobbo1 said in Imagine we had a good team:

@cqtiger said in Imagine we had a good team:

It must be so cruel being a Wests Tigers supporter with young kids. Those kids deserve so much better.

My young bloke is only 14 but he looks 40.
    At least at this age they know what’s what …
    It was harder when they were little and you’d have to keep icing over a turd each week …

My young fella is lucky …he has a dry sense of humour and pessimism isn’t far away

I guess it makes the good days far more sweeter …the 13 minutes live at Suncorp v Penrith magic round will stand out for many years

Recent Topics