Russell Packer - What Now

• We were never going to get the best out of Packer Matulino and Reynolds, cause their best was gone. Reynolds only came to us because the Bulldogs didnt want him - you have to question whether they knew the writing was on the wall. Matulinos injuries were well documented, and Packer repaid StGeorge for a giving him start by jumping at the first good offer. There were red flags with all three - similarly with Chris McQueen.
    Matterson on the other hand is an example of a player that has been a great buy and continues to shine. We need to recruit players like him to get value for money.

• @happy_tiger said in Russell Packer - What Now:

Again you have to ask why we can’t get the same performances out of players that other clubs do

I was as excited as the next person with Packer’s signing he was playing good , tough footy at the Saints

Matulino came with question marks as he was coming off an ACL reconstruction

Reynolds is a good player with an organizing half as was proven with Hodkinson

Got unlucky with McQueen , but if he is a starter you need impact coming off the bench in the back row

We just never seem to get the mix right with our signings

Need more Poms

• @Telltails said in Russell Packer - What Now:

We were never going to get the best out of Packer Matulino and Reynolds, cause their best was gone.

We should all let that sink in for a minute.

Says it all.

• @Telltails said in Russell Packer - What Now:

We were never going to get the best out of Packer Matulino and Reynolds, cause their best was gone. Reynolds only came to us because the Bulldogs didnt want him - you have to question whether they knew the writing was on the wall. Matulinos injuries were well documented, and Packer repaid StGeorge for a giving him start by jumping at the first good offer. There were red flags with all three - similarly with Chris McQueen.
    Matterson on the other hand is an example of a player that has been a great buy and continues to shine. We need to recruit players like him to get value for money.

Yes we want players like Matterson & Lawrence, players that put in the yards each and every time they go onto the field. Lawrence is a great example of the type we need at our club🤗

• "Ivan met him at the candy store
    He turned around and smiled at him
    You get the picture
    “Yes, we see”
    That’s when he fell for the leader of the pack

Folks were always putting him down
    They said he came from the wrong side of town
    They told him he was bad but he knew he was sad
    That’s why he fell for the leader of the pack

One day Madge said find someone new
    He had to tell Russell he’s through
    He stood there and asked him why, but all he could do was cry
    I’m sorry I hurt you, the leader of the pack

With sincere apologies.

• Anyone got a spare council clean up? 2 man lift for Rusty…

• Send the crim back to New Zealand

• I wonder how Russell felt while his teammates were getting beaten up by the Raiders last week.

• @helmesy said in Russell Packer - What Now:

I wonder how Russell felt while his teammates were getting beaten up by the Raiders last week.

Probably quite relaxed. I don’t think Russell is the type to really care about anything other than Russell.

• @hobbo1 said in Russell Packer - What Now:

@happy_tiger said in Russell Packer - What Now:

Again you have to ask why we can’t get the same performances out of players that other clubs do

I was as excited as the next person with Packer’s signing he was playing good , tough footy at the Saints

Matulino came with question marks as he was coming off an ACL reconstruction

Reynolds is a good player with an organizing half as was proven with Hodkinson

Got unlucky with McQueen , but if he is a starter you need impact coming off the bench in the back row

We just never seem to get the mix right with our signings

Need more Poms

Find is some more Gareth Ellis’s and I’ll heartily agree

• When Ivan left he threw a tantrum and stopped talking to people.
    Now he stopped talking with the coach.

Seems like a petulant child stuck in a caveman body.

• Wow. Some harsh personal attacks in this thread from people who have probably not met the bloke.

Someone will sign him up eventually, a bit like the Adam Blair deal.

• @Papacito he has not done anything to merit sympathy. Coach tells him his performance needs to improve and he throws a tanty and just digs a huge hole for himself.

• Ivan signed up Packer who happened to be a very friend from the Warriors coaching days. Fair enough but Ivan was far too lavish with the payments and tenure he signed Packer for.

• @2005magic most of us don’t even know if this is true. We’re just taking Dean Ritchie’s word for it.

It could be true, but it could also be false. Most likely the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I’m not Packer’s biggest fan, but he has done some good work in the community for little or no benefit.

Recent Topics