Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?

• @gallagher said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

@bigsiro said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

I can’t buy into the argument that we are near the cap limit or that we can’t afford to sign players.
    Top clubs employ a mix of creative accounting, TPAs and other deceptive practices which go into ensuring continual class signings, while the other clubs are held to this imaginary cap and actually abide by it.
    There are professional clubs who are hell bent on success and there are mug clubs - like us.
    Time to change, ie, if we want to win.

If it were me I’d park the argument of new signings and I’d be looking to employ or replace management/recruitment/sponsorship teams with current or ex roosters, broncos and storm execs. Get their heads together on a new and thrilling project; to transform Wests Tigers.

I’d settle for singing a CEO who has previously held that position elsewhere in the NRL. Pascoe, his successor and Humphries were all newbies and it has shown.

That’s nonsense. Everyone has to start somewhere, it’s not just pure experience in one role, it’s life experience and capability.

Craig Bellamy had never been a head coach until Storm signed him, so I suppose they would have been better off signing a head coach from somewhere else.

• @jirskyr - this isn’t a coaching thing, it’s about management.

@Newtown said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

At this stage we can’t sign anyone unless he is a nobody. The situation may change if we clear the deceivers from our current team.

Well we certainly got that nobody.

That’s all we can afford.

• @bigsiro said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

@jirskyr - this isn’t a coaching thing, it’s about management.

No difference. You reckon the NRL clubs only hire CEOs who have previously been CEOs of another NRL club?

Very small world if so and sounds like “jobs for the boys” which everyone complains about for the opposite reason.

• @jirskyr I think the main point got sidetracked.
    WT should be on a mission to replicate, if not better, the management/recruitment/sponsorship/accounting practices of the winning teams. If we had a management clear-out in order to transform this club financially, culturally and on the field, by replacing key personnel (not necessarily the coach this time) with Storm, Roosters and Brisbane axe-wielders then only the most sado masochistic fans would be complaining about jobs for the boys.

• @jirskyr said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

@gallagher said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

I can’t buy into the argument that we are near the cap limit or that we can’t afford to sign players.
    Top clubs employ a mix of creative accounting, TPAs and other deceptive practices which go into ensuring continual class signings, while the other clubs are held to this imaginary cap and actually abide by it.
    There are professional clubs who are hell bent on success and there are mug clubs - like us.

If it were me I’d park the argument of new signings and I’d be looking to employ or replace management/recruitment/sponsorship teams with current or ex roosters, broncos and storm execs. Get their heads together on a new and thrilling project; to transform Wests Tigers.

I’d settle for singing a CEO who has previously held that position elsewhere in the NRL. Pascoe, his successor and Humphries were all newbies and it has shown.

That’s nonsense. Everyone has to start somewhere, it’s not just pure experience in one role, it’s life experience and capability.

Craig Bellamy had never been a head coach until Storm signed him, so I suppose they would have been better off signing a head coach from somewhere else.

I don’t think Pascoe is the Craig Bellamy of CEO’s. Lol.

And congrats on a post that isn’t 6 pages long.

• @bigsiro said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

@jirskyr I think the main point got sidetracked.
    WT should be on a mission to replicate, if not better, the management/recruitment/sponsorship/accounting practices of the winning teams. If we had a management clear-out in order to transform this club financially, culturally and on the field, by replacing key personnel (not necessarily the coach this time) with Storm, Roosters and Brisbane axe-wielders then only the most sado masochistic fans would be complaining about jobs for the boys.

Nah mate, everything is going just fine in tigerland. The year after next is gonna be great.

@jirskyr said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

@gallagher said in Can we sign anyone with our salary cap mess?:

I don’t think Pascoe is the Craig Bellamy of CEO’s. Lol.

And congrats on a post that isn’t 6 pages long.

Bellamy was the Pascoe of coaches when Storm signed him and that was my point.

Recent Topics