Rumour: Tigers sign Tim Mannah for rest of 2019

• @Tigerlily

well, it could be a case of playing at a club that could potentially offer him more time rather than staying at a club that has flat out said no to him.

Still weird that he is giving up an opportunity to be a 1 club player, things must not be too rosy at the Eels.

I agree, there’s got to be more to this though, very unexpected.

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Tigers sign Tim Mannah for rest of 2019:

Not a great way to treat a very loyal player. Mannah has a great work ethic.

Agree. This is very poor of Parra.

Tim has been loyal and very solid tor the entire period.

Good clubman and a very decent bloke.

• Wow

I’ve never liked him, so it would be hypocritical of me to defend this signing. However if it’s only a bandaid solution till the end of the year, so be it. When you see an announcement that we have re-signed him for a further 2 years is when you start running for the razors.

There are some players who the club signs that look surreal wearing our jersey. Anasta is the best example of that. Mannah would be another.

• Could be more to this…

Parra re-signed Gutho with all the cap space they had left this season…Cannot afford to take on another player…

They might have wanted Packer or Mbye for example and cannot take them mid-season but want them for next year onwards.

By taking Mannah this season, we allow for an immediate transfer…

Could be Mbye going there tbh…they missed DWZ

• Jesus! I go on a holiday to China for three weeks and come back to this:

1. No wins
    2. Camp not happy
    3. Pathetic, inept performance against raiders
    4. DWZ a certainty. Ends up at the only club going worse than us - and we wanted him badly!!!
    5. Mbye goes from happy captain to disgruntled child
    6. Packer lost in space
    7. We sign Tim Mannah
    8. Jennings becomes a reserve grader (again)

Couldn’t connect to forum in China - thank the lord for that!!!

Our retention and recruitment is, and has been for years, absolutely disgraceful. I’ve said it time and time again. Forumers want to bash me for it - well prove me wrong! Tim Mannah!!! - you are kidding me right?

DWZ - very astute purchase - except for the wrong club! WHY CANT WE EVER CLOSE THE DEAL ON THE PLAYERS THAT WE NEED!!

MAN, China wasn’t far enough away.
    And another season turns to crap- oh that’s ok, we’re in a rebuild.
    I’m a tad frustrated as you can tell. Maybe I need a holiday!

• @Tiger_Steve said in Tigers sign Tim Mannah for rest of 2019:

Jesus! I go on a holiday to China for three weeks and come back to this:

1. No wins
    2. Camp not happy
    3. Pathetic, inept performance against raiders
    4. DWZ a certainty. Ends up at the only club going worse than us - and we wanted him badly!!!
    5. Mbye goes from happy captain to disgruntled child
    6. Packer lost in space
    7. We sign Tim Mannah
    8. Jennings becomes a reserve grader (again)

Couldn’t connect to forum in China - thank the lord for that!!!

Our retention and recruitment is, and has been for years, absolutely disgraceful. I’ve said it time and time again. Forumers want to bash me for it - well prove me wrong! Tim Mannah!!! - you are kidding me right?

DWZ - very astute purchase - except for the wrong club! WHY CANT WE EVER CLOSE THE DEAL ON THE PLAYERS THAT WE NEED!!

MAN, China wasn’t far enough away.
    And another season turns to crap- oh that’s ok, we’re in a rebuild.
    I’m a tad frustrated as you can tell. Maybe I need a holiday!

Next time just sneak out for Chinese takeaway Steve

• @happy_tiger said in Tigers sign Tim Mannah for rest of 2019:

Hard nosed professional …younger forwards can learn a lot

Yeah definitely at the back end of his career but I don’t think lve ever questioned whether he is putting in

We could of done worse

Agree on him… Well respected by his peers.

Odd signing tho… I note still nothing official on WTs web

• ForumSupporter

Tim Mannah requests release from Eels to join Wests Tigers
    Author
    Michael Chammas
    Chief Reporter
    Timestamp
    Mon 10 Jun 2019, 09:59 PM
    Michael Chammas

Parramatta co-captain Tim Mannah has asked for a release from the final year of his deal with the Eels to join the Wests Tigers before June 30.

The Eels have confirmed Mannah spoke to the club on Monday afternoon seeking a release from the final few months of his deal with the club.

It comes a couple of weeks after Mannah was told by the Eels that he was unlikely to be part of the club’s plans beyond the end of 2019.

It’s understood Eels officials will meet with Mannah on Tuesday to work out the details of his release.

The Tigers still have more than $100,000 to spend in this year’s salary cap, money available through Zane Musgrove’s departure.

While they didn’t have the funds necessary to lure Dallin Watene-Zelezniak to the club on a multi-year deal, the Tigers did have enough in the 2019 salary cap to secure Mannah.

Maguire has been trying to bolster his pack after dumping Russell Packer to reserve grade a month ago.

lol…looks like the best tackle dummy in the NRL has left the building…

Just wondering how you depart and was there cake…?

• When you depart CC you get stale bread

You get cake at the Roosters …just ask Marie Antoinette

• @TYGA no surprise in the Blake side of things. That’s been documented. Before June 30. I was hoping we would go after RCG

• You have to wonder what is in this for Mannah. Even though I’m not a fan, he’s played 250 games for Parra, and I get it must suck to be told you aren’t in their plans beyond this year, but why ruin your legacy as a one club man to play half a season somewhere else. I get it if you were going to another club for 2 years, or even a season. To go to another club for half a season, especially when the club appears to be spinning their wheels and most likely to finish out of the 8 is tarnishing his legacy imo.

• Wow this did happen ASAP and within 48 minutes.

• I can deal with this signing but if this helps Parra sign Blake or RCG etc immediately and all we get out of it is Mannah then i think its the wrong way to go. The club should never help their enemies like that. Ask Penrith who dug in on the DWZ thing.

All seems a little soft and desperate.

• @GNR4LIFE said in Tigers sign Tim Mannah for rest of 2019:

You have to wonder what is in this for Mannah. Even though I’m not a fan, he’s played 250 games for Parra, and I get it must suck to be told you aren’t in their plans beyond this year, but why ruin your legacy as a one club man to play half a season somewhere else. I get it if you were going to another club for 2 years, or even a season. To go to another club for half a season, especially when the club appears to be spinning their wheels and most likely to finish out of the 8 is tarnishing his legacy imo.

And that is my concern. A six month deal seems highly unlikely, unless he needs a minimum number of first grade games to get a super league clearance

• Told myself I wouldn’t cry but what’s this salty residue?

Recent Topics