Wests Tigers Team v North Queensland.

• ForumSupporter

All the Round 14 team news!
    Author
    Dan Talintyre
    Timestamp
    Tue 11 Jun 2019, 03:59 PM

Corey Thompson will don the number one jersey once again after being named at fullback by Coach Michael Maguire for Wests Tigers’ clash with the North Queensland Cowboys.

As per last week’s late change, Thompson will line up at fullback for Friday’s game with captain Moses Mbye shifting to the centres. Robert Jennings returns to the side on the wing in place of Mahe Fonua, who is ruled out due to injury.

Fonua sustained a lis franc injury in his side’s loss to the Canberra Raiders last weekend and has undergone surgery to begin his recovery.

David Nofoaluma retains his spot on the opposite wing with Esan Marsters lining up in the centres for what will be his 50th NRL appearance for Wests Tigers.

Following a successful return from injury last week, Chris Lawrence has been named on the bench alongside Jacob Liddle, Thomas Mikaele and Josh Aloiai, while Michael Chee Kam features in the run-on side after starting last week’s game.

Paul Momirovski, Chris McQueen, Elijah Taylor and Luke Garner have been named as reserves in the 21-man squad, which will be cut to 19 players on Thursday night.

Final team lists for both sides will be confirmed one hour prior to kickoff on Friday.

1 Corey Thompson
    2 Robert Jennings
    3 Moses Mbye
    4 Esan Marsters
    5 David Nofoaluma

6 Benji Marshall
    7 Luke Brooks

8 Ben Matulino
    9 Robbie Farah
    10 Alex Twal
    11 Ryan Matterson
    12 Michael Chee-Kam
    13 Matt Eisenhuth

14 Jacob Liddle
    15 Thomas Mikaele
    16 Josh Aloiai
    17 Chris Lawrence

18 Paul Momirovski
    19 Elijah Taylor
    20 Chris Mcqueen
    21 Luke Garner

• No Mannah

• Mbye centre again? MCK starting?

• @TigersBusDriver MCK starting? Boy that will do me!

• MCK starting…

• Is he fair dinkum continuing to let R.F start instead of Liddle need to know

Would have Clark onto bench, Lawrence back to ISP to find form and McQueen into side with MCK not starting. Is Mbye a centre ? Wtf

• MCK… please let this be your diamond game, and not your rock game…

U are rocks and diamonds…

• No idea what Mcqueen has done wrong.

• Have we had the same backline 2 weeks in a row all season? I swear there’s been at least one change every week!

• @DieHarder said in Wests Tigers Team v North Queensland.:

Is he fair dinkum continuing to let R.F start instead of Liddle need to know

Would have Clark onto bench, Lawrence back to ISP to find form and McQueen into side with MCK not starting. Is Mbye a centre ? Wtf

Yep would be good to see Liddle start for once, switch positions and have him playing more minutes. He’s been in and out of the top grade long enough. I feel like we should be fazing Farah out now… Not giving him more minutes than our future hooker.

And still too many stop gap players in this team… It’s hard to get excited about any sort of lineup using this lot.

• @Moh I was about to say the same thing. How he gets a gig ahead of McQueen is baffling.
    Surely McQueen starts, Chee back to bench (or preferably CC). Anyhow, I ain’t the coach.

• MCK starting. My golly just kill me now.

• Certainly some head scratchers. Can anyone suggest some analysis of what Maquire’s thinking is around all this?

• Yep as others have said I can’t understand why MCK & RF are starting over McQueen & Liddle.

Oh well, stay positive, we’re still within a sniff of the 8. If our blokes show up to compete we’ll be in with a shot!

• @Moh said in Wests Tigers Team v North Queensland.:

No idea what Mcqueen has done wrong.

He’s been solid. I have more faith in him than MCK to do the job.

Recent Topics