Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,

@matchball said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

The fact he is happy to earn his cash in reserve grade is sickening.
No self pride.

Dick move of the highest order.

Madge only asked Packer for 40 meters per game

Packer could only manage 39 and with the thought of 1 extra meter Packer pissed himself (literally).

Great to see we’ve got our own Winston Bogarde here at Wests Tigers.

@Tcat No way that will happen as the players union will never agree to it!

What is interesting is NFL players for the large part don’t have 100% guaranteed contracts. How much of a contract is guaranteed is usually negotiated as part of the deal! It is not uncommon for players with a contract to be cut or injured and not paid any money or only paid a percentage of their contract! This will likely lead to a player strike at the end of the current CBA!

last edited by cochise

I am concerned out experience coach and one of our more experienced players have had a falling out so early in the relationship. Both have to combine for the betterment of the club. Packer can lead out younger players and is a university education man.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

I am concerned out experience coach and one of our more experienced players have had a falling out so early in the relationship. Both have to combine for the betterment of the club. Packer can lead out younger players and is a university education man.

He’s also a thug that belted the living daylights out of a bloke - or stomped. Whatever. He’s probably got a very short fuse and won’t listen to reason. Why should he? He’s getting his cash.

@pawsandclaws1 said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

You know who else was university educated? Ted Bundy.

650k doesn’t buy professionalism or maturity…good to know

You left out convicted violent criminal.

Looks like we will be stuck with Packer until the end of his contract.

Great, can we please just have 1 year when this type of crap surrounding the club doesn’t happen? We are perennially in a mess!

@happy_tiger said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

Really so

How many people do we all work with that outside of work you’d probably get involved in a head butting contest if you could

Get over it …get on with it …rest of the planet manages to do it every day

Exactly. The media love a beat up, ie. “they are not on speaking terms as I understand” - only tells us what the reporter assumes.

And furthermore, with respect but since when did Mahe become a cult figure with us?

I reckon our signing rumours thread has more credibility.

It is a violent game regardless of how you look at it. He’s served his time and comparing him to a serial killer is just a little extreme. Both are grown men and boht need to work together. You cannot turn your back on one of most experienced and highly paid players.

comparing him to a serial killer is just a little extreme.

You stomp on someone’s head when it’s on a concrete floor, whether or nor you’re a killer is a matter of luck.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.