Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,

@OzLuke Do you honestly think that Packer cares?
This is the contract that he’s waited for all his NRL career.

At the Warriors and Dragons very ordinary money, Cleary offers him 4 years at 650k he has a signed contract and couldn’t give a stuff. And I don’t totally blame him.

I posted the other day I think Maguire behaviour the last few rounds has been erratic. Maguire had Packer playing off the bench at the start of the season and he was adding something to the teams performance each week, puts him back in the starting side and he becomes RS.

Am I the only one the world who can see what’s happened to Packer’s NRL career, since he lost a ton of weight and became educated he has never been the same player, I want the, “Old Russ”, back when he was a fat thug came off the bench for 20 to 30 minutes and put the fear of God in the opposition.

@Tigers17 Sounds like someone’s been watching nrl on fox 😉 - Paul Kent said exactly the same thing about Packer last night.

Now I’m not great at telling whether someone has lost weight, but to me he doesn’t look much different to last year.

@Geo said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

good god man…now we know why you missed of on your 50 Origin games…

51 …you always forget the SOO game in LA

@weststigerman Bro he lost the weight at the Dragons and decided to get an education.
I’m convinced he has something still to offer, If Maguire is such a great coach which I personally doubt, he has got to get the best out of Packer.
Russ has a contract, I’ll bet he has already planned his post NRL career,

His days with the Warriors were his best, he was mean and his opposition were genuinely scared of him.

@Tigers17 said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

@weststigerman Bro he lost the weight at the Dragons and decided to get an education.
I’m convinced he has something still to offer, If Maguire is such a great coach which I personally doubt, he has got to get the best out of Packer.
Russ has a contract, I’ll bet he has already planned his post NRL career,

His days with the Warriors were his best, he was mean and his opposition were genuinely scared of him.

Well written. Packer must be in out side and Maguire must get the best from him That relations have deteriorated this far in such a short period reflects badly on Maguire.

@pawsandclaws1 I believe I saw somebody post a thread saying exactly that too! He can have the benefit of the doubt but at what point would he be deemed to be stepping on the wrong toes

I just can’t believe he isn’t playing CC

You can’t leave a 600 k player on the outer …us more than any other side

Play him in CC make him punch out 80 minutes and if he impresses he becomes a better option on AND off field for us

Not rocket dentistry is it …

@happy_tiger said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

I just can’t believe he isn’t playing CC

You can’t leave a 600 k player on the outer …us more than any other side

Play him in CC make him punch out 80 minutes and if he impresses he becomes a better option on AND off field for us

Not rocket dentistry is it …

I would have thought there would be serious ramifications if he’s fit but not playing because he couldn’t care less…

@willow as would I. We sacked Suli over it.

@Cultured_Bogan it’d be great if Packer was doing the same. There is a nice fix to our cap.

@Tigers17 said in Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and prop Russell Packer are no longer speaking to each other,:

@OzLuke Do you honestly think that Packer cares?
This is the contract that he’s waited for all his NRL career.

At the Warriors and Dragons very ordinary money, Cleary offers him 4 years at 650k he has a signed contract and couldn’t give a stuff. And I don’t totally blame him.

I posted the other day I think Maguire behaviour the last few rounds has been erratic. Maguire had Packer playing off the bench at the start of the season and he was adding something to the teams performance each week, puts him back in the starting side and he becomes RS.

Am I the only one the world who can see what’s happened to Packer’s NRL career, since he lost a ton of weight and became educated he has never been the same player, I want the, “Old Russ”, back when he was a fat thug came off the bench for 20 to 30 minutes and put the fear of God in the opposition.

…and wet his pants?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.