Taylor
    Garner
    Eisenhuth
    Momo
    Packer
    Rochow
    Fonua
    Reynolds??

So, we’re just going to pay the contracted to play at another club? Smells like trouble.

• Cant release players that still have an NRL contract. That contract needs to be paid by an NRL team and no one will pick up the contracts Ivan forked out.

Ivan has really put us in a horrible position and they only way out would be to do some dodgy deals or the players pull their fingers out.

• @Tweed_Tiger said in WT Clean-Out List:

Cant release players that still have an NRL contract. That contract needs to be paid by an NRL team and no one will pick up the contracts Ivan forked out.

Ivan has really put us in a horrible position and they only way out would be to do some dodgy deals or the players pull their fingers out.

Well said but the players on the list aren’t the ones I’d be moving along.

• Just got to bit the bullet and move on a couple of high paid players even if we have to pay part of the freight. That’s what the dogs did and can now they can afford dwz. Always a buyer just give those idiot’s who brought mbye off the the dogs a ring they buy all sorts of rubbish. Oh…

• @matchball I would be keeping Garner (he has heaps of upside), and perhaps Momo, but to be honest, he hasn’t impressed yet. Eiso - meh. Not worried either way
    Lawrence may get a ‘stay of execution’ due to the fact that he won’t cost much - if anything - from the cap.
    But the rest - happy to see the back of them to be honest.

• @Tiger_Fan18 said in WT Clean-Out List:

Marshall
    Lawrence
    Taylor
    Garner
    Eisenhuth
    Momo
    Farah
    Packer
    Rochow
    Fonua
    Reynolds??

Why would you get rid of Chris?

• ForumSupporter

@Tiger_Fan18 Marshall Lawrence Fonua Farah and Rochow are all off contract this year so they don’t need to be cleaned out just simply not offered a contract beyond this year or are you asking would you re-sign any of those players…? Lawrence is our only long serving player so takes up an allowance …I would re-sign him as his salary in the cap can be allocated elsewhere…

The others on your list Garner, Eisenhuth, Momirovski would be on the lower end of the payscale and providing good value for outlay especially Garner and Eisenhuth. Momirovski really hasn’t had enough of an opportunity…so moving these guys on carrying freight makes no sense to me…as who you could replace them with would be no better

Packer , Taylor don’t appear to be in Maguire’s plans but given the size and length of their contracts the amount Wests Tigers would have to carry for them to play elsewhere is the difficult position the Club faces …it has not worked out well and caused issues doing this for following coaches…you are not going to be able to get top line talent to replace them whilst paying a large chunk for them to play elsewhere

Reynolds just needs to stay on the park to asses his value…

• I know it would never happen but after 10 years of pure tripe i reckon the fans of this team in particular have the stomach and can take it. Id like to see the club just say to hell with it and play all of next season with no big name signings. Play current contract players and reggie players and the odd Tim Mannah $100K type signings. Have a complete write off year of spending no to very little additional spending and getting the salary cap back into shape to sign a champion team for the following 3 years.

Advertise and be completely up front with the fans of the intention and the vision, make it a TV Rookie type year of trying out second grade players. Who knows, some nuffties maybe found and signed for long term deals. Lets face it, we have no hope of ever playing finals footy with the shape this team is in…whats the downside here? Continue to be pretenders with an inept team year after year or actually try to rectify the situation and start from scratch, not below scratch?

Just my 2 cents from a long long long time sufferer of the Tigers. Ive put up with 40 years of garbage for the odd good season here and there and the last decade of complete embarrassment. I think id actually enjoy watching the tigers again, play with some heart and passion, players playing for a contract, rather then the current mob of professional instagym prima donnas prancing around week after week for half a million dollars.

• @Geo I agree about Reynolds- my only issue is that although he is a great bloke and a enthusiastic contributor on the field, how often is he on the field. 1 and 1/2 years into his 4 year contract, he has been on the field a farcical amount of time. With a pay of something like $750k p.a he is not worth it unless fit and on the field 90-95% of a season. It hasnt happened, is not happening. I hope it turns around for him but if this season is like the last then he has got to go.

• @The-Original said in WT Clean-Out List:

I know it would never happen but after 10 years of pure tripe i reckon the fans of this team in particular have the stomach and can take it. Id like to see the club just say to hell with it and play all of next season with no big name signings. Play current contract players and reggie players and the odd Tim Mannah $100K type signings. Have a complete write off year of spending no to very little additional spending and getting the salary cap back into shape to sign a champion team for the following 3 years.

Advertise and be completely up front with the fans of the intention and the vision, make it a TV Rookie type year of trying out second grade players. Who knows, some nuffties maybe found and signed for long term deals. Lets face it, we have no hope of ever playing finals footy with the shape this team is in…whats the downside here? Continue to be pretenders with an inept team year after year or actually try to rectify the situation and start from scratch, not below scratch?

Just my 2 cents from a long long long time sufferer of the Tigers. Ive put up with 40 years of garbage for the odd good season here and there and the last decade of complete embarrassment. I think id actually enjoy watching the tigers again, play with some heart and passion, players playing for a contract, rather then the current mob of professional instagym prima donnas prancing around week after week for half a million dollars.

Sounds pretty much exactly like what we did for the 3 years prior to Ivan’s first and only full season. Then we had a clean cap and screwed the pooch.

• And the 3 years before that. Dont forget we are going through the 3rd rebuild phase in 8 years. Just wish something would be built before the rebuild. A complete generation of players have come and gone and the Tigers are still rebuilding.

1. Rochow
    2. Mahe
    3. E.T
    4. Packer (is signed for longer)
    5. Robbie Farah
    6. Benji Marshall

Potential:
    7. McQueen
    8. Matulino
    9. Gamble

Unsure of:
    10. Momirovski
    11. Reynolds
    12. Nofoaluma

Imagine the War Chest we’d have. Although, only 3/4 will move. Huth is staying 99%

• Nice list of names. Who will be the replacements on similar coin or less?

Recent Topics