WT Clean-Out List

• @The-Original said in WT Clean-Out List:

And the 3 years before that. Dont forget we are going through the 3rd rebuild phase in 8 years. Just wish something would be built before the rebuild. A complete generation of players have come and gone and the Tigers are still rebuilding.

True, but dont forget that in this period we had constant coach changes with no continuity of style / method/ Coach changes > wants players for his style- signs players > half way through coach gets turfed / disappears > new coach comes in with different style > doesnt like existing roster > wants new players > signs players to suit style > coach leaves > rinse and repeat infinitum at WT.

WE NEED COACHING STABILITY

• The difference between a his salary cap mess is we are probably locked in mid table rather than battling for the wooden spoon. It will be a real test if Madge can drive this squad with the upheaval. It has to happen standards need to be driven at this club.

• We still need to have a squad of 30 players

U cant get rid of everyone.

Ps dont think the dogs are doing well cause they have DWZ. The rest of the squad us the worst.

• I’d be keeping Chris Laurence & Luke Garner.
    Momo still cheap so a keeper within the 30 man squad.

• @Harvey This is exactly what I was thinking. You can’t get rid of players like Benji, Rochow and Robbie and think you are going to get better than these guys for the same amount of dollars.

You have to get rid of the players who cost the most and deliver the least but very few clubs will take these guys.

• The core of our future NRL team is probably in the lower grades now or being recruited by Dave Warwick for next year, There are three handy players selected for the Open Schools Carnival. Check the Junior Reps thread and the footage of that player Guyan.

• @Geo said in WT Clean-Out List:

@Tiger_Fan18 Marshall Lawrence Fonua Farah and Rochow are all off contract this year so they don’t need to be cleaned out just simply not offered a contract beyond this year or are you asking would you re-sign any of those players…? Lawrence is our only long serving player so takes up an allowance …I would re-sign him as his salary in the cap can be allocated elsewhere…

The others on your list Garner, Eisenhuth, Momirovski would be on the lower end of the payscale and providing good value for outlay especially Garner and Eisenhuth. Momirovski really hasn’t had enough of an opportunity…so moving these guys on carrying freight makes no sense to me…as who you could replace them with would be no better

Packer , Taylor don’t appear to be in Maguire’s plans but given the size and length of their contracts the amount Wests Tigers would have to carry for them to play elsewhere is the difficult position the Club faces …it has not worked out well and caused issues doing this for following coaches…you are not going to be able to get top line talent to replace them whilst paying a large chunk for them to play elsewhere

Reynolds just needs to stay on the park to asses his value…

I’d keep the Huth

• @happy_tiger

But some can’t handle the Huth!!

• He does a job every week

Plus even if we do exactly get who we want , Hobbo will miss not having a plodder…and who will Geo have to compare future plodder against

• @Tiger_Fan18

Marshall, Farah, Rochow and Fonua - Yeah, move them on because they will not be contracted past this year.

Lawrence - as Geo already said, only player that qualifies for a LS allowance. Resign him under that, handier than a fringe first grader and won’t come under the cap.

ET and Packer - Would try to move them on if we can find someone who will take them on at a reasonable amount of their contract. I could probably stomach us paying 20% of their contract if it means they aren’t here anymore, they clearly are not in Madge’s plans and the money is better spent elsewhere. If Packer is indeed on $650K that’s a bit bloody anchor on the cap.

Garner, Eisenhuth, Reynolds and Momo - I’d keep Garner, still young and shown that he can compete at the top level despite his deficiencies. Eisenhuth is an average first grader, all clubs have them. Momo hasn’t been given the chance yet, admittedly I have not been “wowed” by his contributions yet and he’s not blowing the state cup apart but if the Chooks were spewing they lost him he must have something about him. Reynolds should not be moved on unless a better signing presents itself. After Marshall is gone, Grub is the only first grade quality 5/8 we have. I don’t believe Mbye is an acceptable alternative to play in the halves.

• @Tiger_Fan18 said in WT Clean-Out List:

Marshall
    Lawrence
    Taylor
    Garner
    Eisenhuth
    Momo
    Farah
    Packer
    Rochow
    Fonua
    Reynolds??

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No- Garner is a keeper
    Maybe- Leaning more towards yes
    Yes
    Yes
    YES!!!
    YES
    Yes
    Maybe

• I want to see Matterson die in a Tigers jersey…Keeper for sure

• @Earl said in WT Clean-Out List:

@Harvey This is exactly what I was thinking. You can’t get rid of players like Benji, Rochow and Robbie and think you are going to get better than these guys for the same amount of dollars.

You have to get rid of the players who cost the most and deliver the least but very few clubs will take these guys.

The Tigers are the ones who take “These guys.” Look at Mbye & Reynolds, the Dogs knew they were going to cop slack from fans / press for off loading these two. But someone with a bit of sense could see that these two fell into the “Cost the most and deliver the least.” And who comes along and saves the day; the mighty Wests Tigers. now we are stuck with them.
    Seems like Ivan had no idea.
    We can only put our trust/faith in Madge and hope he is planning on sticking around for the long haul, and the rebuild has structure and foresight.
    The joys of being a Tigers fan. Wish I could get out of my fan contract; signed for life 😟

• @BearComplex said in WT Clean-Out List:

@Earl said in WT Clean-Out List:

@Harvey This is exactly what I was thinking. You can’t get rid of players like Benji, Rochow and Robbie and think you are going to get better than these guys for the same amount of dollars.

The Tigers are the ones who take “These guys.” Look at Mbye & Reynolds, the Dogs knew they were going to cop slack from fans / press for off loading these two. But someone with a bit of sense could see that these two fell into the “Cost the most and deliver the least.” And who comes along and saves the day; the mighty Wests Tigers. now we are stuck with them.
    We can only put our trust/faith in Madge and hope he is planning on sticking around for the long haul, and the rebuild has structure and foresight.
    The joys of being a Tigers fan. Wish I could get out of my fan contract; signed for life 😟

Yet Madge made one of them captain 🤯

• @CarltonDry said in WT Clean-Out List:

@BearComplex said in WT Clean-Out List:

@Earl said in WT Clean-Out List:

Yet Madge made one of them captain 🤯

Yep, I still can’t figure that one out.

Recent Topics