Josh Reynolds gives frank response to 'hit list' as Wests Tigers start ruthless rebuild

@upthetigers - he has hardly played and I think Benji has been better or just as good when they both play. He did have a couple of good games where he put in some great kicks but that isn’t enough or anywhere close to it. I’d have him in reserve grade as well.

I hope he does turn his form around but I have my doubts.

@upthetigers said in Josh Reynolds gives frank response to 'hit list' as Wests Tigers start ruthless rebuild:

@Earl What games have you been watching? We’re a different team when he plays. Unfortunately I think his body is cooked.

Exactly, when grub was at 6 we looked good

@851 said in Josh Reynolds gives frank response to 'hit list' as Wests Tigers start ruthless rebuild:

@upthetigers said in Josh Reynolds gives frank response to 'hit list' as Wests Tigers start ruthless rebuild:

@Earl What games have you been watching? We’re a different team when he plays. Unfortunately I think his body is cooked.

Exactly, when grub was at 6 we looked good

Agreed

Grub to 14 next Year for me…to come on and rest liddle
I think we move Mbye to 6 with brooks being the new big talker
Which means we should look for a strike centre

Reynolds is a separate issue to guys like McQ, ET, Packer etc. Grub has hardly been on the field long enough to showcase his ability for Tigers, and whilst that can ultimately be as bad as any other non-performer, it’s less about the ability and more about the body.

Grub has played 17 or more games every season before he joined the Tigers (average 21 games), so there was no specific indicator that he would endure a run of injuries. Sure he’s getting older etc. but that’s every experienced player - you would cut Chris Lawrence tomorrow if the sole criteria was injury-free longevity.

You can shop Reynolds around ok, but who are you going to replace him with? He’s got 2 years to run and Benji has at most 1 more; the next in line would be Jock Madden and he’s just a kid, hasn’t even played his first CC match yet?

last edited by jirskyr

@Jimmy said in Josh Reynolds gives frank response to 'hit list' as Wests Tigers start ruthless rebuild:

Jimmy I get a feeling we might see a quite different squad than we currently see or expect to see

@happy_tiger
Yup have to agree…just saying what I’d do with the current line up…only players i think that are 100% safe from Madge’s purge is brooks and matterson tbh

last edited by Jimmy

@Jimmy said in Josh Reynolds gives frank response to 'hit list' as Wests Tigers start ruthless rebuild:

How and where do we find a stike centre in our CAP situation?

@jirskyr said in Josh Reynolds gives frank response to 'hit list' as Wests Tigers start ruthless rebuild:

You can shop Reynolds around ok, but who are you going to replace him with? He’s got 2 years to run and Benji has at most 1 more; the next in line would be Jock Madden and he’s just a kid, hasn’t even played his first CC match yet?

We might need him but he just hasn’t been playing. I think you have to play him at 6. That is his position. Give him the best chance for success.

last edited by Earl

I’m sure Josh feels pretty ordinary about his contribution to the team thus far, the injury gods have not been kind to him, once fit, he will be an asset

@happy_tiger
Yup have to agree…just saying what I’d do with the current line up…only players i think that are 100% safe from Madge’s purge is brooks and matterson tbh

Thompson , Mikaele

@happy_tiger
Not sure about Thompson but yeah mikaele and MCK seem to be safe😂

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.