Maguire as our coach. Ivan vs Madge

So, just over halfway through the season, what do people think of Michael Maguire? I don’t recall where we were this time last year but, what do you think of him?
Ivan or Madge?
maguirem-headshot-2019-1-body-shot.png

@Vegemite
Madge.
Every. Single. Day.

McGuire by miles- has and shows passion, wants a harder style with big, good forwards and has shown the ability to make hard decisions, and hopefully if he can move on some under-performers can get some good replacements using his Kiwi and possibly Islander connections. Has recognised WT need size in both forwards and backs to compete. Something others seem to have missed.

Madge, Madge & more Madge!

Jason Taylor had us going better with worse cattle.
JT>Madge>Ivan.

Imagine of Madge was given the same red carpet treatment that Ivan was given when he arrived incl $$$ to spend and full support of the board. Poor Madge is cleaning up after Ivans incompetence. Madge is exactly what WTs need, a hard ass, no nonsense leader. No one can blame him for our poor performance culture, poor recruitment situation and any player unhappy with it can go play park footy for a free stubby and sausage sizzle.

last edited by Tcat

@matchball no WAY did he have worse cattle, hamstrung by the cap sure but some honest generational talents came through the club at the time. Rankin was the exception.

They just didn’t deliver for him lol
What does that say?

last edited by TieDye

I guess it depends where you rank Maguire or Iv

Neither are in the Top 6 coaches in the NRLin my opinion

@2005magic Not just his Kiwi connections but his English connections too. Don’t forget he won a premiership over there!

@happy_tiger I think Madge is Top 6. Other than Robinson, Bellamy, Bennett, maybe Seibold and Hasler, not sure who you’d rate higher…?

@matchball said in Maguire as our coach. Ivan vs Madge:

Jason Taylor had us going better with worse cattle.
JT>Madge>Ivan.

Like Tedesco, Woods and dare I say it Moses?

@bigsiro said in Maguire as our coach. Ivan vs Madge:

@happy_tiger I think Madge is Top 6. Other than Robinson, Bellamy, Bennett, maybe Seibold and Hasler, not sure who you’d rate higher…?

Well technically Flanagan isn’t an NRL coach but he is in the Top 6 ,

Bennett ,Bellamy , Robinson , Hasler , Paul Green , Flanagan , Seibold

Madge all day everday

Maguire has won a premiership in the NRL, won a premiership in the Super League, and coached a side to victory against the Kangaroos. Cleary will never do any of those three things.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.