Westmont tigers jersey

Hi All,
I’m look for some help please and so would appreciate some direction from your collective wisdom!

Can anyone tell me the providence of this jersey?

Is it rare? Old? Valuable?

Thanks y’all

The maroon logo is from Qld Rugby League. Im guessing Westmont is the apparel maker. Old East Brisbane Tigers?

That Tiger logo was used by the Eastern Suburbs Tigers in the BRL in the 1970’s. The Westmont Boomerang logo can bee seen on Easts Tigers jumpers into the 80’s and again I reckon it was the jumper manufacturer.
Is it worth anything? Don’t know.

Is that an op shop?

@Demps said in Westmont tigers jersey:

Is that an op shop?

Some poor bastard probably died in it.

@NT_Tiger said in Westmont tigers jersey:

That Tiger logo was used by the Eastern Suburbs Tigers in the BRL in the 1970’s. The Westmont Boomerang logo can bee seen on Easts Tigers jumpers into the 80’s and again I reckon it was the jumper manufacturer.
Is it worth anything? Don’t know.

I actually think it is an Emerald Tigers jersey …can you take a full shot of the jersey

Easts never had the bands across the chest of the jersey

Have a look at the footage from the 1976 BRL Grand Final between Easts and Wests

last edited by happy_tiger

Were the bands black or blue …blue could mean Norths Tigers of Ipswich

@happy_tiger
Yeah, I don’t know about the positioning of the stripes, but the Tiger logo is exactly the same as Easts in 1975. And the Easts jumpers also had the Westmont boomerang logo.

@happy_tiger
Yeah, I don’t know about the positioning of the stripes, but the Tiger logo is exactly the same as Easts in 1975. And the Easts jumpers also had the Westmont boomerang logo.

Easts have always had the V at the front of the jerseys

@happy_tiger
OK cant be them then. No idea here if that’s the case.
Good video by the way. Easts Tigers 1976 play like Wests Tigers 2019.

last edited by NT_Tiger

@happy_tiger
OK cant be them then. No idea here if that’s the case.
Good video by the way. Easts Tigers 1976 play like Wests Tigers 2019.

All Eastern Suburbs teams were crap

Choked that many times in Grand Finals

Being a Wests Panthers fan helps …gone but never forgotten

That 1976 side was pretty damn good …went back to back 1975 -76 …yours truly was at both GF’s as a young boy

Westmont made Magpies gear in 70s too… My old jumper is a Westmont… Barely fits now

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme