78th minute penalty

I didn’t post this in the heat of battle but gee that penalty from Cummins was garbage. This is why I get so fired up about favoured teams etc. There are 30 flops a game worse than that one that dont get pinged. Bloody hell, Morgan did one earlier in the game that was blatant. Then in the last minute, on the 5th tackle, in front of our posts - we get penalised. No way storm or Broncos get penalised like that

That was definitely not a penalty, but if we are going to be fair dinkum then neither was that penalty try.

@Tiger_Steve Agreed it was poor and as usual favoured the team “expected” to win

Cummins hates us…must have killed him when the bunker overuled him and called penalty TRY…

In other words Cummins is a flog…the end

last edited by Geo

@jadtiger said in 78th minute penalty:

@Tiger_Steve Agreed it was poor and as usual favoured the team “expected” to win

More like trying to cover their ass for the tigers 2nd try…

last edited by Tigerlily

@Madge not having a go here - but why wasn’t it a penalty try? He was hit high and without that, would have scored. Do I not understand the rule?

@Geo said in 78th minute penalty:

Cummins hates us…must have killed him when the bunker overuled him and called penalty TRY…

In other words Cummins is a flog…the end

Lucky you are not an AFL fan, that would get you kicked out of the ground

@Tiger_Steve said in 78th minute penalty:

I didn’t post this in the heat of battle but gee that penalty from Cummins was garbage. This is why I get so fired up about favoured teams etc. There are 30 flops a game worse than that one that dont get pinged. Bloody hell, Morgan did one earlier in the game that was blatant. Then in the last minute, on the 5th tackle, in front of our posts - we get penalised. No way storm or Broncos get penalised like that

I totally agree. If he had got up and in doing so broken the tackle and scored they would have awarded a try. It wasn’t a flop, he was just ensuring the tackle was completed.

@Tiger_Steve said in 78th minute penalty:

@Madge not having a go here - but why wasn’t it a penalty try? He was hit high and without that, would have scored. Do I not understand the rule?

The contact wasn’t what caused him to drop the ball. It was the strip.

@Tiger_Steve in my opinion I think that it was a penalty and not a penalty try.

Firstly, He still had the ball in his hand for a while when trying to score so he was still conscious even though it was a high shot. If he was knocked out then I think there is an argument for a penalty try.

Secondly, Kahu was the one that stripped the ball from Chee Kam in the act of scoring a try, which he is allowed to do, so if there is no high shot it would’ve been play on.

I think people are saying that Chee Kam lost the ball from the high contact but in fact it wasn’t.

That’s what I think.

Had no issue with the penalty.

Tackle was made and he was getting up to play the ball, Thompson flopped and twisted him again.

We had a try given off a clear knock on - we were lucky tonight.

thomos try should of been a try

@Mighty_Tiger said in 78th minute penalty:

Had no issue with the penalty.

Tackle was made and he was getting up to play the ball, Thompson flopped and twisted him again.

We had a try given off a clear knock on - we were lucky tonight.

I’m with you. Fair call but comes across as controversial because it’s one that probably wouldn’t be called in that situation ordinarily.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme