Where Does Grub Fit In?

Now that he’s back from injury, does he displace Benji? I don’t expect him to, but he should be named in the 21 on Tuesday shouldn’t he? I know Madge has shown with Packer that he doesn’t care about not picking our highest paid players, but how many can he afford to not pick? Is there a limit to how much cash he’s prepared to leave on the sideline?

@GNR4LIFE I think it would be very harsh to drop Benji. He’s obviously not the player he was but I think his game management, although not amazing, is better than Reynolds. I’d be persisting with Marshall for the remainder of the year and then re-assessing in the off-season.

Reggie’s this week for a start.

I don’t think he does fit at the moment. Can’t see Madge dropping Benji or Brooks. Liddle I can’t see being dropped at the moment. Only way I can see him coming back into the 17 is if there’s an injury to one of Brooks/Benji/Farah/Liddle

I have always looked at Reynolds and gone “center or 5/8”.

He has strong ball running, strong defense. But not the best passing game.

Put him where his passing choices are more limited and he can combine with a winger and he will go well.

@crazycat said in Where Does Grub Fit In?:

I have always looked at Reynolds and gone “center

I don’t see him as being big enough for centre!

Why do people try and fit a square peg into a round hole

Centre is the hardest position to defend

Grub isn’t a centre

He plays 6 ahead of Benji or he shouldn’t be in the team. Benji can’t be dropped at the moment but if he doesn’t perform and Reynolds does than Benji will have to miss out.

We really need his place to be taken by a gun centre or fullback.

He is a good backup in case of injury if that helps

@Earl And Madge won’t be dropping Benji anytime soon, he just had him play for the Kiwis.

Not many clubs have the luxury of having a player of Reynalds calibre ready to slot in, especially with injuries etc. That game against Brisbane earlier in the season he was great. He just needs some luck with injuries.

@TheDaBoss said in Where Does Grub Fit In?:

Can’t have someone on 3/4 of a mil as a backup. Either he starts or has to go.
I worry that he doesn’t suit madges style, Madge wants him more as a ball player and we all know he is more a runner

@kiwitiger said in Where Does Grub Fit In?:

@TheDaBoss said in Where Does Grub Fit In?:

Can’t have someone on 3/4 of a mil as a backup. Either he starts or has to go.
I worry that he doesn’t suit madges style, Madge wants him more as a ball player and we all know he is more a runner

Yeah true, that is probably why madge is trying to get rid of him, grub even said it himself, his name is high at the top of the list

I cant see how he fits in. Can’t have him and Liddle on the bench, and he wont take Benji’s place. Reggies for Josh at the moment.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme